1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

So no where to report code traders?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Foxy747, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Foxy747

Foxy747 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16146355
    What's the point of this website if you can't report code scammers?

And how do chatlogs differ from the actual chat, they both have backgrounds that can't be photoshopped.

If they ban you it's checkmate with this website lol
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You can report them to Valve - but all you need to do is read our policy on it and that should explain why we can't review them.
    We on a super rare instance will but there has to be a lot there and certain things we look at before we would review one without invalidating it for policy.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/
    As you can see we would have an impossible task to determine if the code was even used on any account, let alone the one that was involved. Many would get them use them on an alt in seconds then claim they couldn't use it thus reporting the user that gave them to frame them in some instance...isn't exactly fair right? So just report them to Valve or better yet have someone do the application of sending you funds directly to your account as Valve intended with the gift code option.
  3. Foxy747

Foxy747 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16146355
    Thank you for your reply and sorry if I came off hot tempered.

I suppose I didn't quite get how the website reports their accounts.

I was mainly just hoping that it would show something like "this guy got reported once by someone even though they suck at reporting it" so maybe someone in the future might second guess.

My feeble brain cannot wrap its mind around why screenshots of getfriendmessage logs are less valid than screenshots of the steam chat. To me, it seems steam chat screenshots can be edited easier than getfriendmessages unless there's some CSS/html editing type thing involved that I'm not aware of.

I don't mean to take up your admins' time as I don't really care about losing the humble gift (it was gta4 lol), just wanted to help others and gain insight.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Well look at it this way, would you like it if someone reported you without any evidence, bases behind it, or for something we don't review and the report stand to attention for all to see and judge you? Doesn't exactly sound fair does it? it is really best that users make reports here with great caution and to be sure they acquire the proper evidence before hand and only submit if we do review such reports.

We don't review get friend message logs for many reasons for reports but not exactly something I'm going to go into as to why. Doing so would invite scammers to figure out valuable tactics that we use to determine what is and isn't accurate. Best to take Full screenshots of the raw steam chat boxes and rest of the screen when trading..if you don't need them you can always delete them afterwards. Documentation is important for all sorts of things in life even here.
    Only time we would ask you for get friend message logs would be to pc something together with what you already provided that was required for the report submission.