1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198057452720 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by T-Virus, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-Virus

T-Virus Donator - Tier IV

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20848740
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198057452720

Victim profile: 76561198001963208

What happened? Description:
    Part of an agreement for a 2000+ keys trade was to hold a hat in place of 50 keys till I could get the keys to him. After agreeing to the deal, and without word, he sold my 1 of 1 hat. He could have got 50 keys at any point in time but choose to sell my hat without warning to me.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I don't understand what your claiming here? Your conversation is so broken from one response to another in the chat logs its very difficult to read or find any formal agreement.
    You gave a cropped image of "fine I'll sell hat back to you" but what hat??? A formal agreement is an exact name/item name of the item in question not "hat"...thats to broad.
    Lastly this is something that happened a month ago - and looks as if you may have already reported something about it to BP? Did you?
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  3. T-Virus

Steam:
    Backpack mods told me it was "too late to report him". I can get you full screenshot conversation with the admin if you need that too.

In the first picture you can see I talk about a beams scout hat. The hat is a sunbeams baaarg n bicorne. The hat is 1 of 1 and I originally paid 70 keys for it. It was used as a placeholder for 50 keys in a much larger trade. He was to wait for me to get him 50 keys. He had a choice of getting 50 keys on the spot or waiting for me to get 50. He choose to wait for me. Then without a single message sold my hat.

We made a clear agreement. I gave him the choice of 50 keys now or 50 keys later. That was a condition on the trade. I would not made the trade if either of those conditions weren't met

Attached Files:

• lol.jpg
      lol.jpg
      File size:
      11.3 KB
      Views:
  4. T-Virus

Steam:
    I had sent this dude like 5 offers prior. I did not think to include offers he declined in the proof. 15+ days has past so I cannot retrieve the information prior.

Also regarding the "A formal agreement is an exact name/item name of the item in question not "hat"...thats to broad." We did make a formal agreement. I dont think Ive ever in 10 years written the exact name of an item. Are you saying that if I get scammed for a burning tc you guys wouldnt accept it because in the trade I called it a burn tc?

Attached Files:

5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Sorry but I'm going to have to decline on no formal agreement - hat is not an exact item name... If you said BURNING TC I would know what that was but a HAT....not so much.
    The timeline has certainly aged so much it makes it difficult to review beyond then as well which is why the BP mod said what they said...I agree.
    Sorry but you should have been more clear/precise on what you were agreeing upon in the conversation that you saved... .just a hat isn't enough for me to go off of.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.