1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561199080637753 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by dukey, Jul 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dukey

dukey New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:83547876
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561199080637753

Victim profile: 76561198127361481

What happened? Description:
    A guy in my friendslist, whom I don't even know how he got into (probably a forgotten add), attempted the quick-switch scam.

He just asked me if I didn't want to trade. He offered a Strange Specialized Killstreak Reserve Shooter for my Strange Market Gardener. I'd have a decent profit so I went with it and sent him an offer. For some reason, he wanted me to add only 1 Scrap metal to it later (probably so he could counter-offer fast with a regular Strange RS, instead of the Spec KS one).

He then started saying that he "had problems with his phone" and that "he needed to restart it". After that he sent me a counter-offer, even though I have reminded him that my offer with the 1 Scrap bonus was active.

I have gotten his offer, and saw that he placed a regular Strange RS, instead of the Spec KS one. I mentioned the error in the chat (benefit of doubt) and told him I will send the offer again, but to my "surprise", he unfriended and blocked me.

Now of course this isn't serious, as nothing happened (and even if it did, It's just few refs), but who knows if this person doesn't do more serious damages in the future. All measures to block this person to trade will be appreciated.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 787524
    I took this screenshot on the scammers profile. This was the start of our conversation. The other images attached, CONVO PART 2, PART 3.PNG, are attached only if you are interested in the details.
    View attachment 787528
    These were my first offers. At once (as seen in the conversation) we agreed upon Strange Spec KS Reverse shooter for a Strange MG. Then later changed with my +1 Scrap bonus to fulfill his demand.
    View attachment 787529
    After he "restarted his phone", I was met with this counter offer. The problem of course is that he was trading a less valuable version of the item, than we agreed upon.
    View attachment 787527
    This is the final part of our conversation. The most important part is how he sent the quick-switch offer, and my mention of the "error". He immediatelly unfriended me after I mentioned it was just a Strange RS, instead the Spec KS one.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    ok will review this soon - no need to reply again
  3. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @dukey Need the same item screenshots or the offers thru a web browser - full screen please.
    Exactly as you gave those others but this time thru a browser logged in and full screen.
    One additional with your mouse over the users name so it shows up their steam URL at the bottom.
    So a total of 3 more screenshots are needed.
    Thanks
  4. dukey

dukey New User

Steam:
    Screenshots should be in order.

Attached Files:

5. dukey

dukey New User

Steam:
    MISTAKE - I accidentally pointed to my own item in "Trade Offer 1.png" instead of the one in question, here is a fixed screenshot.

Attached Files:

6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.