1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/strangegunslingers Are groups like this ok? should they be tagged?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by KiaCzar, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melkor

Melkor New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45978671
    The groups itself cannot be tagged. However, they maybe added into my list of "bad" groups which is posted in communities like JAG, Comet-Gaming, AF2 or Skial.
    Example: http://forums.acefortress.com/threads/beware-of-these-groups-and-communities-scamming-sharking.8363/

On the group purpose:
    I don't think this is the best way to trade and it's just again manipulating the prices. It can be acceptable but for only the case they wont be making fake offers.
  2. FunnyBunny999

FunnyBunny999 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:27028372
    So you are going to put my group on some list of "bad groups".
    You are going to include this group along with scammers? It really just makes me doubt the validity of your "list" to begin with.
    If a group like this can get on your little list, then I imagine your list is not accurate or informative; and includes many false positives.
    No credibility, just your own bias.

Hey, guess what. I just put you on a list now too. A list of pretentious, biased a-holes.
    You are number one, congrats.
    Your name is also repeated 50 times, and is the only one listed.
    My list is more accurate than yours.
  3. FunnyBunny999

FunnyBunny999 New User

Steam:
    There are no rules against people chosing to sell what they own at the price they chose to set. I do not care that someone wants to pay less than I am willing to sell something for; and I certainly do not care who dislikes it.
    I want to sell my slingers for 2 buds each and I am very happy to wait for it to happen. I am also very happy to associate with a group of people who are like-minded, and are willing to set OUR price for OUR slingers as a bloc at whatever we want. Trading is not a popularity contest, and there will always be someone butthurt about it. Perhaps someone is upset that they didn't buy the slingers when they were cheaper, and instead "invested" in some unusual they should have known was destined to depreciate. Whatever the reason, I do not care if I am liked in the tf2 community.

It is generally filled with a bunch of pretentious pricks, with overblown entitled egos. Ya'all can suck it as far as I am concerned.
  4. FunnyBunny999

FunnyBunny999 New User

Steam:
    I recognize that there are crate 30s out there, and that when a group of them are opened the price will stall or even dip slightly.
    This will happen much more than just once, and it does not bother me at all.
    It is irrelevant when looking at the bigger picture because the number of crate 30s that exist are finite, and relatively small. Which makes the gunslinger finite as well.
    The demand will always exist, and overall the price will always go up from a macro perspective. Temporary dips and stalls are to be expected, but the trend will always continue up.
    In my opinion, there is only one thing that can crash this weapon... which is if it is re-released in a new crate. That would make them worthless, eventually settling down on a key or 2.

There will be no crashes unless that happens, unless you perceive a temporary dip to be a crash. I do not.
  5. takethepants

takethepants New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27332147
    Unless people refuse to buy it at the price you're trying to set. The supply is finite, but apparently you don't know much about economics. If the price is higher than its intrinsic value, there will be less demand for it. Knowing Valve, it is in their best interest to re-release it in a new crate so people buy more keys instead of trading with 3rd parties. So anyone with half a brain would not buy it at 2 buds. All I gotta say is karma is a b✿✿✿✿ about your other views.
    D2Girls and mittensthekitten like this.
  6. D2Girls

D2Girls New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17721741
    Man this guy is annoying.
  7. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Maybe I should cheat, and ask the TF team to add it to a normal crate.

Hoarding is not the principle for valve. They don't mind prices of items being high for hats etc, and in a reasonable range for rare weapons. If such a weapon goes too high in price, they will re-add it to a newer crate. Might be in a salvaged, to not drop them in price too much etc. But that pattern will return, it will go up, and then added again.

Numerous weapons already re-appeared in crates, so there is no ground for any assumption.
  8. Melkor

Melkor New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45978671
    I did not say I am going to add it into my list.
    The groups there are just the ones with purpose to scam or shark other community members and the list's purpose is to warn other users so they won't get in any troubles or so.
    For an example fake TF2WareHouse groups with a users pretending to be TF2WH admins or bots to scam the group members.
  9. Cuttlefish

Cuttlefish New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40492442
    The thing is - if you ban these guys, you ban all the Hoarders - Kritzes, BMOCs, Rainblowers... I'm sure some people joined the group just to troll, how would you work out who to ban?
  10. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Lol, they haven't been banned, and anyways, its no reason for any tag anyways. they can do with their items w/e they want, even delete it for what I care.

While some find it questionable, most other comm's wont care or ban for it. Some might, sure, but its no sway for anything. Thats right in the corner of SR's stance that any comm can ban anyone they want for any reason. Only the scammer bans are reserved, and under scrutiny.
  11. Cuttlefish

Cuttlefish New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40492442
    I know, but that's why I'm against it. :)
  12. mittensthekitten

mittensthekitten Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:7857664
    Does nobody realize that strange weapons don't posses magical powers or make you any better at the game? It's a luxury item. It may be "unfair" in the mind of people who can't afford it but it's also "unfair" that some people own Ferrari's. It's really annoying when people think they are entitled to items in a game that are either purely cosmetic or give no actual benefit. I hope Valve never releases salvaged crate items again and certain items remain out of reach for most players.

Either fork out the cash or get over it.
  13. TemioMAN

TemioMAN New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45707254
    Ok so personally i think that this is very bad community and an annoying one too.
    But their is a fine line between, just sharking and lowballing (although i do think this group is sharking a strange gunslinger)
    But although some people may have a diffrent view that they are simply driving up the price of a strange gunslinger. I think another example may be when the tf2 Spreadsheet guy put buds down by a few keys then bought a load then put them straight back up(thats why nobody uses tf2 spreadsheet anymore)
    But i think groups like 'lets bring buds down' are not sharking since most of the people in the group have buds and they are saying that yes the price of buds should be brought down, because i must admit [and i dont care how much anyone disagrees] that the bud prices at this moment are very inflated.
    All im saying is that sometimes you just cant tell whether someone has good intentions or bad its just your perspective
  14. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

I think this has been gone far enough. There will always be collectors, hoarders, etc, who believe in getting profit in long term. Whatever.

It has surpassed its "15 seconds of fame".
    Melkor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.