1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198263194573 - (☆ Santa Claus ☆ / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by ☆ Santa Claus ☆, Dec 23, 2016.

1. ☆ Santa Claus ☆

☆ Santa Claus ☆ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:151464422
    Oooohhh.. I really didn't know that I can't just create account with same nickname. I changed nickname on my second account and I swear that I will never do it again.. So ? What about my unban? I spent a lot of time on this site.. And I hope that someday I get unban.. :(
  2. ☆ Santa Claus ☆

☆ Santa Claus ☆ New User

Steam:
    I just do not know what else to say.. I said all.. I think I have enough evidence to conclude that I am not a scammer.. I'm waiting for your decision :(
  3. ☆ Santa Claus ☆

☆ Santa Claus ☆ New User

Steam:
    So, any news? Do I need to create a new account for trading with people? I really hope no.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    Read that whole page - pay close attention to #15 & #16 - making a new account to avoid the tag or ban evasion will only get that other account also tagged/banned.
  5. ☆ Santa Claus ☆

☆ Santa Claus ☆ New User

Steam:
    SO WHY I CAN'T GET UNBAN? Why appeal process is so long if I have absolutely all the evidence.. Why, if the guy said he has no complaints to me.. WHY?? I'm just a trader.
    I earn money honestly. NOT A SCAMMER. NO ONE HAS ANY PROBLEM WITH ME (except this guy, but it was a mistake).. You can check my csgolounge profile (6 or 8 reputation), you can check comments on my profile.. Why do a lot of scammers are not banned? And honest people have to wait so long just for unban.. I don't understand why You are the One read all and he did not say anything. WHY? I don't understand your system.. Almost 2 month.. For what? For mistake.. And you said "Admins work generally the OLDEST appeals first" but I've seen more than one appeal, which was accepted within a few days.. I respect your work and you protect people from fraud, but when you ban innocent people and then you can not respond within two months - It's not professional.. ;-(
  6. ☆ Santa Claus ☆

☆ Santa Claus ☆ New User

Steam:
    I cannot wait a few month more.. I need money now..
  7. ☆ Santa Claus ☆

☆ Santa Claus ☆ New User

Steam:
    Hello. It's been 3 years since I got a ban by mistake. Now I see that my topic is unlocked. So I hope this gives me the right to write a message here and to remind about myself. Thanks
  8. ☆ Santa Claus ☆

☆ Santa Claus ☆ New User

Steam:
    This service sucks so much. What's the problem to untag me if even a person who reported me wrote here (IN THIS APPEAL) that this was a mistake, a misunderstanding. HE ASKED HIMSELF TO UNBAN ME. What else should you get to untag me? A stupid mistake and I can't trade on cs.money almost for 4 years. It was so quick for you to tag me as a scammer and it is so long to untag me even though I wrote an appeal on the NEXT DAY. Hate this.
  9. ☆ Santa Claus ☆

☆ Santa Claus ☆ New User

Steam:
    And you're all so unprofessionals. You accept a report from a guy who has a tag and don't even think that this can be a manipulation. You don't know a thing of how blockchain works. I wasn't sending money to anyone. But you didn't even try to understand. And to hell with it. I wouldn't say a word if you would just check my appeal at time. Not in 4 years. It's so unfair, don't have anything to add. Peace :(
  10. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    looks like was previously locked for excessive bumping and was unlocked per policy, now relocking for more excessive bumping, also, will not be unlocked until appeal is addressed.
  11. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a review, neither side disputes the initial events (or any factual events for that matter) the report was submitted/accepted/appealed all in half a day, taken alone, could possibly be seen as a misunderstanding and would drop the tagging. Saying that, repayment was not immediately done (already took into account you both may have blocked each other), and additional context cannot be gleamed from the repayment chat that would have dispelled any/all doubt if it was an actual misunderstanding or an attempt to cover up a scam. A banned tag is clearly not warranted either way, but your actions/motivation were definitionally suspect none the less.

Other factors considered time tagged, no additional issues since. While I decide a final determination, I will drop the tag to a caution.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  12. You Are The One

Steam:
    First off, let me make it clear to you and anyone reading this appeal, you were correctly tagged within policy, up until days after the incident when you finally decided to repay what you "took". Additionally, we do NOT retract reports just because you manage to ask the victim to post in your favor, this is one of the main reasons why we have the repayment chat policy, its a very common tactic by scammers, threaten/withhold repayment being contingent upon having them plead in your favor. Nothing you did prior to days after appeal looks like anything else other than YOU SCAMMING.

After discussion with other admins, we are going to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one and drop the tagging. Saying that, if you are reported for anything again, you will get no such deference. Take this as an exceedingly rare second chance and do not allow yourself to be in such situations again, I would have been within my scope to leave the caution tag as-is, so do not make me regret it.

Appeal granted.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**