1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal Review for 76561197960287930 (bjorkz)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Bjorkz, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Bjorkz

Bjorkz Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:86942818
    I could appeal through a google docs or something, and give GoV perms to read it. It would work great for me! :)
  2. Bjorkz

Steam:
    Should we celebrate? Its been 3 months since I started this thread!! See ya on the half a year mark? :(
  3. Bjorkz

Steam:
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    @-GoV- Gabrielel Do we have a status update?
    @Bjorkz At some point SR will step in if they cannot address their issues on their own and it will not be half a years time. In the meantime, such postings are not contributing anything productive and I am going to ask just this once to not continue.
  5. -GoV- Gabrielel

-GoV- Gabrielel Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:65756191
    Hello,

I'm asking for an update now, but unfortunately as far as I know it's not fixed yet.
    We'll process anyway this appeal by the end of next week, so you won't have to wait further.

Thanks
  6. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Gabrielel didn't reply it seems, I will see if I can get TonyBarreta to action this. He was on a few days ago but I missed him.

GoV- VenGanZa TF2-T [A]
  7. Bjorkz

Steam:
  8. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @-GoV- Gabrielel any word yet?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, SteamRep Partner Members).**
  9. -GoV- Gabrielel

Steam:
    Hi @Bjorkz,

As promised in my previous message, here I am processing your appeal.
    Unfortunately our website needs some further investigation before fixing the actual issue, so in accordance with SR we will process your appeal here instead.

To get this rolling, please write a complete, honest, and truthful statement of what you remember happened exactly and why do you think your ban should be lifted.

Thank you for your cooperation.
  10. Bjorkz

Steam:
    Just to be clear, do you want me to type my statement here in this thread? Or how do you want me to send my appeal to you?
  11. -GoV- Gabrielel

Steam:
    Hello,

Yes please write a full statement as described in my previous message in this thread.
    We'll keep the conversation (and your appeal) here in order to expedite the process meanwhile our website gets restored.

Thanks
  12. Bjorkz

Steam:
    Hey, I'm sorry that it's been a few days, but a lot of personal stuff happened and now I finally have time to reply to this thread.

I'm going to explain my story, and why I think you should consider removing my tag. 2476 days ago, I didn't have a steam account, and I really wanted to play Counter Strike Global Offensive. My friend had a lot of accounts, and he was nice enough to give one of those to me! I know you shouldn't trade accounts since the person who originally owned them can easily get access to them and therefor is "not allowed" according to steam. I also think that another of his account was linked to the one I am using, which you can look-up on steamrep, that I have no association with what so ever. But thats how I got this account with the steamrep tag, I have never scammed in my entire life, I would also never ever do it since I know the impact it could have on the person losing his skin. I just couldn't live with myself knowing that persons pain for losing his priced possession. About 1-2 years ago I got into trading, and I have bought/sold skins for over 10 000$ now easily, and I have every trade I've done, and I can send proof of payment/comments on my profile which shows them typing +rep for example. By having this tag, other problems have also occurred other than losing potential trades since people call me a "scammer". For example, I wanted to use cs.money to look what my skins were worth, and log into csgofloat.com to lookup skins, but I couldn't since the tag automatically banned me on their sites. I talked to support on cs.money, and after some back and forth explaining my story and showing proof they unbanned me and I can now use the site. Also with csgofloat, I got in contact with the owner and told my story again and they then unbanned me. What I just can't take anymore is people calling me scammer, wherever I talk about trades and stuff, I get called a scammer. And it really hurts me, since I've never done it and never would. I could easily make another account, but all the memories on this account, all the hours i've put into csgo I can't, I'm gonna use this account till I die. Therefor this removal of the tag would be so much appreciated, and I think it should since I've actually never done any scams and I'm trading a lot of skins atm. I'm going to send a picture of one trade, what I paid and one steam comment, but if you want more I would gladly send some. I can also show you my buff history if you're familiar with that, and the amount of skins i've traded, with no more reports from the community I think its pretty safe to say that I haven't scammed those skins. Also for your information, in Sweden we use something called swish, and that was what I use to pay people when I buy skins, I'm also going to add our conversation which I had on facebook which is in swedish, but I'm sure u kinda understand what we're saying haha. What I then do with my skins is that I deposit on buff and sell the balance, I will also provide u with screenshots of some of the buff balance I've sold.

If you need more information, or have any questions please let me know! I can gladly answer anything u want to know. Thank you for ur time!
    Kind Regards,
    Bjorkz

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      10.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      142.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      9.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      15.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      42.2 KB
      Views:
    • 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      62.7 KB
      Views:
  13. -GoV- Gabrielel

Steam:
    Hey there, Bjorkz.

Thanks for writing that and for your time.

Unfortunately, you admitted that the account isn't really yours but it was given to you by a friend.
    As you correctly mentioned, this is against the Steam Subscriber agreement and, as written in the SteamRep's Appeal Guide, we are unable to consider appeals for accounts that have been sold or given away.

Given all of the above, WantedGoV is denying your ban appeal.
  14. Bjorkz

Steam:
    But wait then, can't I just get my friend to appeal? I guess I could ask him what happened and make him do it? Like I'll give u a statement of his story or something.
  15. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hi @Bjorkz

I'm sorry for all the time and hassle it took reach this point. Normally appeal reviews are pretty quick. But when we have to contact another partner community who appears to have gone dark, or is otherwise not giving you a fair shot at appealing, the process becomes a lot slower. That delay includes time our admins spend waiting for their response, as well as sorting out other logistical details.

Unfortunately, at this point your appeal has already been concluded, and the answer is final. It's cold comfort, but since you got strung along through all the hassle here, I think it's only fair that I take the time and provide some insight into our policy on account sharing/transfer. That includes why we have it, and why that led to the unfavorable but inevitable outcome I'd imagine you want an explanation for.

As you know, buying, selling, trading, or otherwise sharing/transferring Steam accounts is a violation of the Steam Subscriber Agreement. It's not SteamRep's job to enforce that agreement, of course, as we are not affiliated with Valve or Steam Support in any way. For that reason and others, we do not go around policing this or tagging accounts we think (or know) are purchased, as much as we condemn the practice. But at the same time, it's also not our responsibility to make special accommodations for those such policy violations, and frankly in a case like this it's beyond our ability to properly investigate even if we wanted to. I'll explain that more below.

First off, no matter what your friend may have told you, the original owner of an account can always reclaim it from Steam Support, at any time, no matter how much time has passed. Regardless of what kind of assurances the seller put into place, the original owner is the only legitimate owner that Steam Support will recognize; even after they've given you pictures of CD keys, Steam Guard access for 6 months, email history, and so on as part of the deal, if they prove to Steam Support they were the first owner, it will be taken away from you and returned to them. Or if you're lucky, Steam Support will realize the account was shared and permanently suspend it for ToS violations so that neither of you gets access. Yes, that means all the time and work you claim to have put into this account can be taken away from you in the blink of an eye. Imagine some hijacking victim your scammer-friend didn't mention stealing this account from finds their old Orange Box key, remembers their old email, contacts Steam Support, and BAM - you get kicked out of your CS:GO match as someone you don't know claims ownership over everything you put into this account from here on out. Trading accounts is a really, really, really bad idea, for this and many other reasons, and that's not even a problem specific to Steam.

This account - the 大伟 one you're appealing from - is the one which was used to scam, not an alt. Specifically, it was used to send out multiple fake "____ Steam Wallet will be deposited into your account upon accepting" trade offers to people, and reported to GoV in January of 2015 before Tony Baretta (owner of GoV) ultimately acted on those reports. It looks like your "friend" was a scammer, and he (or whoever he bought it from) used this account to scam multiple CS:GO knife owners. That's why it was banned in our shared database, to protect the community from someone actively scamming at the time. Selling or giving the account away to someone else doesn't excuse that, and neither we nor GoV will give a free pass that could inevitably extend back to the original owner who scammed with it in the first place.

Your response to this scam report was not to address what happened, but instead skirting responsibility altogether and blaming it on your "friend". As far as we know, that friend may or may not exist, so if you're lying then we'd have to deny for that. Meanwhile, any leniency we afford to you would also be extended to this alleged scammer friend, who would get a free pass once he reclaimed the account. So we'd have to deny either way. As to having your "friend" re-appeal as the original owner... within our evidence standards and investigative policy, there is simply no way for us to prove or disprove whether you were actually the original owner, or subsequently whether it's still you or the "friend" we're talking to. All of our existing evidence validation methods and investigative practices rest on the assumption that you were the one in those pictures, and that accounts did not change hands; if they did change hands, that's on you. Screenshots from 3rd-party platforms supporting your claim are trivial to doctor, with obvious incentive to do so in cases like this, and none of our usual methods of validating contested evidence apply once you crossover to other platforms and blur the lines of who owns which account. As such, the original appeal will stand, and neither you nor your friend will get another shot. Other than blanket-rejecting cases where accounts change hands, there is simply no other fair way for us to handle them.

Ultimately, as far as we're concerned, you are responsible for everything that happened on this account. If that sounds unduly harsh, then you shouldn't have accepted someone else's account (and everything that came with it) in the first place. If the account had a VAC ban, trade ban, or community ban, then you would've been stuck with that as well. I guarantee Steam Support would not have been any kinder about it than we're being, to you or the friend you received this account from.