1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561199125053411 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by gzey#1337, Dec 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gzey#1337

gzey#1337 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:216170399
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561199125053411

Victim profile: 76561198392606527

What happened? Description:
    Person "Fexzel" aka "999" sent a fake "buff confirmation" - he somehow figured out that I was selling items on mass (some RMR stickers). I was blindly accepting every offer I got to make it quicker. He thought I'd just accept this offer without looking at what they contain. His trade contained my AWP Asiimov - I checked on buff and the item was never bought and still listed (screenshots attached).

If you need any more evidence just contact me.

If this is not "enough" to ban him I understand because it's quite silly. But he is still a risk to other people.

Have a great day!​

Provide Evidence:
    Open tradeoffer is attached as a screenshot
    Proof that the item was never bought on buff attached as a screenshot​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    What is a Buff? What does this involve? site?
  3. gzey#1337

gzey#1337 New User

Steam:
    buff.163.com is the biggest marketplace for CS:GO (and other) items. Unlike the steam market tho it uses trade offers to transfer the bought items. Every trade is done with your own API-Key (to make it faster and safer) - every trade has a message attached to it with a confirmation number at the front, followed by a message to make sure that the steam registration date matches the one given on buff (to bypass possible API scams). The guy "999" faked that message to make me think it would be a buff offer (most of the time you just accept the steam offers without checking on buff because it saves time and you'd never think someone would fake that confirmation message to scam you).
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Do you have other REAL offers you could take a screenshot of so I can see for reference? Full screenshot please.
  5. gzey#1337

gzey#1337 New User

Steam:
    These are offers I accepted the same day!

Attached Files:

6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    So let me ask - any idea how the user knew you were using this site to send you that offer? What is the steam ID64 of the user from those offers you just sent me and were they the most recent?
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Lots of questions here I'm trying to figure out if I can even investigate this - is it possible to confirm that the user didn't use the site to send the offer as you normally get?
    In other words the user didn't legit process something to send the offer...how do we prove that? You provided one screenshot of the site but it was edited..perhaps resend that one unedited and one that matches that of the recent screenshot showing the real offers you got?
  8. gzey#1337

gzey#1337 New User

Steam:
    He saw that I listed alot of cheap items and on the site you can check the last 20 transactions for a specific item - he is scouting buff to see which people are busy accepting offers and then tries to snipe. Also I had transactions with 20+ different users - I dont think he is connected with any of them as it youldnt make sense just buying 1 item. The prove was my attached screenshot where you see the AWP's . Buff lists every transaction - even if tehy have failed/have been cancelled. I also contacted buff support and they told me to not accept it.

I will attach some transactions on buff and the matching tradeoffers! (hope thats what you mean :p) - if not I could also explain how buff works it a bit better in a videocall on discord for example

Attached Files:

9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.