1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198031702803 - (Sebastien Squillaci / BANNED BY SOP)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Sebastien Squillaci, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Sebastien Squillaci

Sebastien Squillaci Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35718537
    Appeal for BANNED BY SOP

Steam profile: 76561198031702803 (Sebastien Squillaci)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    No other accounts​

Appeal description:
    Hey,

I haven't played and traded in TF2 for a long time, I did some trading about 8 yrs ago but never scammed anyone, so when I recently went to purchase a new hat from marketplace.tf they informed me I was banned and couldn't purchase, which is very odd.

I am really confused as to why I'm flagged as a scammer when all I do is pretty much play 2Fort, and just wanted to buy a new unusual for a character. I'm not interested in selling anything, just buying a few items.

Genuinely never scammed or did anything to harm anyone.

Really hope you can help, any help massively appreciated.

Thanks!
    Will​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Please let me know your SourceOP profile username so I can look into this further.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  3. Sebastien Squillaci

Steam:
    Hey,

Happy New Year!

I've just spent about an hour trying to find my SourceOP profile but really struggling.

I've searched using all of my steam profile codes:
    | steam3ID: [U:1:71437075]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:35718537

Clicked on Server Bans on SourceOP website with Ctrl+F but nothing, same with their search function.

As well as searching email but nothing is showing up on email.

Please can you help and advise?

Thank you!
    W
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
  5. Sebastien Squillaci

Steam:
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    It appears you were reported for an attempted paypal scam back in 2011, can you tell me what happened?
  7. Sebastien Squillaci

Steam:
    Hey,

I was buying and selling TF2 items back in 2011, but there is absolutely no way I tried to scam somebody.

I pulled out of a trade last minute once and did not pay via PayPal for the TF2 items but apologised to them, I wonder if the same user was the one who reported me.

The online TF2 item trading market was pretty cowboy / wild wild west back then, with trading 'middle men' working with scammers and both them and the other trader reporting users if you didn't meet their terms, ran in to a few dodgy characters like this back then. Unfortunately I think I've been caught like this.

Thanks
    W
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    Can you tell me about the incident involving a max head (agreed to buy for $110) early 2011?
  9. Sebastien Squillaci

Steam:
    I think perhaps I had agreed to buy a max head but then decided against it mid way through the negotiation, and the seller took offence at how late I had pulled out and reported me for scamming. It wasn't good of me to abort the deal late on, but this doesn't warrant the rep of a scammer.
  10. You Are The One

Steam:
    Do you not recall or are you guessing? I only ask as that does not match the report or your replies at the time and attempting to see if you are lying about the incident you were tagged for. Perhaps check your paypal history.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  11. Sebastien Squillaci

Steam:
    I genuinely don't recall as it was 11 years ago, but I remember lots of sellers getting very annoyed if deals were aborted late so assumed it was something like this. Not sure how my paypal history which is only transactional data would remind me? Please can you shed anymore light?
  12. You Are The One

Steam:
    You selected a "mistake" for your appeal reason, but no mistake was made in your tagging, you were reported and you replied at the time acknowledging the incident in question happened. (just the reason why being different) Now, if a mistake was made, you would be able to explain to me what that mistake was. I'm near the point in closing the appeal out unless you provide something to keep it alive.
  13. Sebastien Squillaci

Steam:
    Hey, are you able to tell me what my acknowledgment response was? I think it was a mistake yes
  14. You Are The One

Steam:
    posting45.jpg
    Blocked out part is irrelevant to the appeal and refers to a 3rd party not involved, I can provide you that part via PM but as I said, it has nothing to do with the case. They are a few more postings but this is the most relevant.
  15. You Are The One

Steam:
    Its been a month, would you kindly follow or I will have to close out the appeal.

Hidden Content:
  16. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a review of the original report, their is insufficient evidence to support a banned tag, since you otherwise did acknowledge the interaction and did not followup here, I am going to leave a caution tag, this can be appealed in 2 years time (short of additional issues cropping up) but only if you followup.

Regards.