1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198043561686 - (TENNESEETEXAS / SR CAUTION)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Epitaph, May 16, 2022.

1. Epitaph

Epitaph Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41647979
    Appeal for SR CAUTION

Steam profile: 76561198043561686 (TENNESEETEXAS)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here earlier for another situation in the past.

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    My only account.​

Appeal description:
    Hi there, there was a complaint about me in 2012 attempting to steal an unusual off somebody.
    You can find that here
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198043561686-hobo-dr-cursed.8577/

It has been over 10 years since this incident has happened and I still have a caution tag on my profile. Anyway I can get this removed? I've only recently started taking trading seriously and would like to join some trade sites like Tf.Bazaar.

I originally submitted my appeal in 2014 and 5 years later someone got to look at it and give me a caution I would appreciate if this time it could be different.
    Many thanks, Chris.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Why consider it?
    You mentioned nothing about the incident itself. Time tagged is NOT a consideration for granting an appeal.
  3. Epitaph

Epitaph Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41647979
    Well the incident was some time ago and have grown up since then. I wasn't even trying to attempt to scam anyone at the time I was just young and naive lol. It was super low tier items so wasn't even like I was shafting anyone for their entire account or anything, I believe at the time of writing the hat that was being traded for is about $10-$15. There wasn't anything intricate about my "scam" as you can see in screenshots (in the Archived reports). I simply asked if he could loan it out to me and as a young kid I thought that was a great idea, as this was one of my first experience in any form of unusual trading and thought the community was tight knit enough to hold trust as I was visiting trade servers most time I logon to TF2 and built up a reputation. I do understand now though why people are so apprehensive so give up their items for nothing in return cause I would not do the same lol.
  4. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Hello,
    In your previous appeal, you were lucky to come off with only a Caution since you admitted to the offense and showed little to no remorse for your actions. In your Caution appeal here, you have again shown absolutely no remorse. Laughing about it ("I was just young and naive lol") and downplaying your actions ("There wasn't anything intricate about my "scam"") shows little to no true change of heart. Your point that you have "built up a reputation" and only want to be unbanned so that you can use trading sites means nothing and is not a reason to consider a change of heart appeal.

No further downgrade will be afforded; the community has a right to know what you did especially given your lack of remorse/change of heart. As such, this appeal is thus Rejected.

Regards.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**