1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal Review for 76561198348546670 (D4rKK)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by D4rKK, Jun 1, 2022.

1. D4rKK

D4rKK Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:194140471
    Appeal Review Request
    Reminder: Appeal reviews are not appeals!

Reason for Appeal Review: New evidence not produced in your original appeal
    Past Appeal: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-76561198348546670-d4rkk-banned-by-sr.198252/

Steam profile: 76561198348546670 (D4rKK)

Make your case:
    Hello, I am posting here because my appeal was denied because of the lack of evidence I did not have at the time. I have all the evidence needed now and i'll send them all here. Last time i did not have the ticket from steam support and now i have it. So if you'll need anything else, just ask. And as i said before, i would never scam anyone and i never did. I didn't know how it works on this website because i never used it and now i know i should've posted the evidence before. I hope you will forgive me and everything will get solved. I will do anything to prove it wasn't me. I don't want this to be long but i really don't want to be banned here because my account got hijacked. I know it's my fault and i really hope you'll forgive me because i had this account for years. Thank you for your time and i'm really sorry again.​

Attached Files:

2. D4rKK

D4rKK Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Also i already apologized and explained to the people that could've got scammed by my account that my account was hijacked.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    The admin requested proof of your ticket, in which Steam Support restored your access at that time. Since you claimed that hijacking never happened, the admin concluded the evidence didn't (and couldn't) exist. We don't grant hijacking appeals simply on the word of the appellant, the burden of proof is on you to prove that your account was abused by a hijacker at the time, and proving you were hijacked at the time is the root of the issue here. If you didn't create a ticket to recover your account at the time it happened, then I'm sorry to say you won't be able to produce enough evidence to completely prove your story, and you're still responsible for what happened on your account. Creating a new ticket after you've already (allegedly) recovered your account to initiate a new password reset doesn't prove anything.
  4. D4rKK

D4rKK Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    I understand, but I have the email the hijackers sent me and i can send you the full email that shows when the email was sent and also an email which shows that someone from the US tried to log in to my account (I'm not from the US). Also in the steam ticket i already sent you i asked them for proof that my account was really hijacked and they proved it. So if that is not enough evidence, then i can send you a different steam ticket if it's really necessary. Thanks again for your time and sorry i have to bother you with all this. I know it's my fault and i swear i'll do better in the future and learn from my mistakes.

Attached Files:

5. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Ultimately, appeal reviews are meant as a stop-gap measure for situations where, through no fault of your own, some new, unforeseen development happened with your case that wasn't possible to produce during your original appeal. It does not apply to cases where you neglected to produce some kind of evidence, didn't like the outcome, and then decided to try and produce something else to shift the decision in your favor.

The ticket reply you posted contains a form-letter reply for a password reset, done after you claim to have already recovered your account. It does not prove your account was compromised at the time your scam occurred. Simply getting hijacked at some point in time, or in this case more specifically having your password reset by customer support, does not exonerate you of all past wrong-doing. We take a more detailed look at the full timeline of events, including when the scam happens, when you're hijacked, and when the account is recovered.

In this situation, I'm sorry to say there is no way to prove you didn't access your own account, without changing the password, from a proxy or VPN, to try and give yourself an alibi so you could scam free of consequence for a little while - which I recall is actually something scammers have done in the past, and we have rejected appeals over it. Emails are also trivial to fake, so they're inadmissible. This is not to definitively say that you're lying about getting hijacked, but in appeals, the burden of proof 100% rests on you.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  6. D4rKK

D4rKK Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    I understand that, but i've never scammed anyone on my account before and i've used it for 5 years. I have no reason to do so and if i had another chance, i swear something like this would never happen again. I mean we can get in a voice chat and i would share my screen to show you that i didn't fake those emails and that my email and steam account was really compromised. If i had a warning or something on my account, then i would understand this, but i've never scammed anyone and it only took one report and i'm banned just like that. As i said before, the steam support gave me the proof that my account was really compromised. This is the only time something like this happened on my account and i have no reason to lie about this, and if i would've done this, then i wouldn't spend so much time on getting the proof, but i didn't do it. And i don't want to be banned because some scammers hacked me. Also if you search the email the hackers sent me, you can see a lot of people got scammed as well by the same people. Maybe it's little proof but it's still proof. I have no problem to get in a voice chat with someone and show them that i'm not lying. I can send you a different steam ticket if you need it. Again sorry i have to bother you with this. If you need anything else, just let me know. Thank you.
  7. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    I'm afraid there is simply nothing else we can offer in your situation.