1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198210383181 - (DTR / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by DTR, Jul 27, 2022.

1. DTR

DTR Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:125058726
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198210383181 (DTR)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I do not have other accounts​

Appeal description:
    Hi,

My name is DTR and many years ago i bought my first knife, and i was excited to trade my new item.

And so one day i was contacted by an steam account, at the time i didnt know much about offers and stuff so yhea he convinced me to send me my knife at him with a ridiculous offer it was gut knife for a butterfly( he would sent it to me after i send him the knife cuz he had to check some bullcrap) , he also had a fake steam certificate and i fell for it, and the trade was made with a "friend" of him .

So yhea i basically got scamed then i copied his profile by trying to get back at him, and yhea i didnt even knew about Steam Rep at the time, and now that i m back at trading it s bad to appear that im "supposedly" a scamer even tho i never did it

Regards,
    DTR​

Attached Files:

2. DTR

DTR Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    u can see the name here

Attached Files:

3. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Hello,
    You are not "supposedly" a scammer, you are one, you copied the profile with the explicit intent to scam. That you were allegedly unsuccessful does not change the seriousness of the offense.

For how long did you impersonate this person?
  4. DTR

DTR Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    maybe 1 day 1& a half max and i just did that cuz i was pissed i didnt carried on with that i moved on.
  5. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    Are you sure? I advise you to think good and hard about your answer; lying is grounds for an appeal to be Rejected.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  6. DTR

DTR Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    bro it was years ago i know it was less than a week and even thought i had bad intents cuz i was angry at the time i never got to scam anyone i can show my trade/inventory history to prove it. I got scamed by that guy i was like 12/14(im 19y now) at the time. just wanted to get my money/skins back thats it, yes i did impersonated him and i think i tried to decive some guys from his friends list but then i gave up the idea i never did nothing again, and yhea its quite bad cuz the person that deserves more the ban its him but it doesnt matter. i just want to have clean sheet cuz i do not have the need scam or impersonate profiles as the person that i am today. Getting scamed or not it´s never a good idea doing what i have done i was just a kid at the time and only did it that time so with this make your own judgement.
  7. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    Please post screenshots of your inventory history for the entire month of November 2016.
  8. DTR

DTR Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    So its basically trades in between me and some friends wich i know personally today (some of them have coments on my steam profile u can check it) and trade with site bots, selling items and stuff

Attached Files:

9. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    Can you explain the trade you made on 08 November 2016 with 76561198253502633

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  10. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    Please follow up @DTR
  11. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    I will be unable to grant this appeal after a review.

As stated before, you were not "supposedly" a scammer. That you were allegedly unsuccessful does not change the seriousness of what you did.
    The person you impersonated was at the time a green tagged middleman & community administrator on Steamrep, meaning you were aware, or reasonably should have been aware, of Steamrep's existence at the time. This is a premeditated offense, indicated by your admission that you did this due to being scammed yourself, and it's not something we take lightly around here since you had time to reconsider your actions before doing them.
    I am also not convinced your change of heart claim was entirely genuine, since as you say you are "supposedly" a scammer, and that you never were successful, "the person that deserves more the ban its him", ect; things that someone wouldn't say if they'd truly felt bad and had a change of heart.
    Additionally, while it was not not a major deciding factor in this appeal, you didn't follow up.

As such, this appeal is thus Rejected. I do hope that what you said was genuine, and you avoid additional run-ins, but I will not be able to grant your appeal today.

Regards.

Hidden Content: