1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198120856924 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Inconveniently Large Ego, Jul 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inconveniently Large Ego

Inconveniently Large Ego New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:18911257
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198120856924 ()

Victim profile: 76561197998088242

What happened? Description:
    [REVISION]This forum post is a revision of a previous one by me, which I need to revise because it had puu.sh picture links instead of photos used in the Uploaded File section.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I joined a nearly empty surf server, waiting for friends to join, and they were the only other person. We were playing around a bit in the map's jail and then they suddenly asked about my Bill's Hat, saying if I was selling it. They were offering a Professional Killstreak Strange Market Gardener that a friend had (and wasn't selling, I asked the friend) for the Bill's. I wasn't selling it, but I went along with it to see what they would attempt to get my hat.​

Provide Evidence:
    The original post involving the puu.sh links is here: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198120856924-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.70567/

First, I had looked up their steamrep page and the steamrep page of their accomplice. They didn't have any special reputation except for some +rep comments (Some could be fake. Many people have done events where a person with a certain +rep comment in the comment section would get a free item.)
    View attachment 105604
    View attachment 105605
    Both of the next screenshots are from the scammer's comment section, not the accomplice's.
    View attachment 105606
    View attachment 105607
    When talking about trading, they continually asked about the hat, telling me to give it to them. I was thinking of ways for the friend to be a middleman if the friend was actually selling it, most being dumb ideas that don't make sense. And finally I settled on trading the friend for it instead.
    View attachment 105608
    During this time, they sent me a rather rediculous trade offer.
    View attachment 105609
    Because I declined trading with them directly, they tried to scare me into trading the item, saying that they would hack into my account using a (most likely) non-existant hacking method called "Indoor Phishing" and get me permanately banned from steam. They then proceeded to say that they were recording and that they would put it on youtube, trying to label themselves as the victim. (The explanation for so little items: it takes a LOT of metal to trade for the amount of Robot Parts and Killstreak Kits needed for a Pro. Killstreak.) They also tried blocking me, but failed.
    View attachment 105610
    View attachment 105612
    They then started spamming the chat for over a minute. I then sent a message during the spamming for if they were actually/still recording.
    View attachment 105614
    View attachment 105615
    At the very end of the spamming, they decided to throw insults at me. It didn't prove effective at all, unless they were trying to make me laugh. They then proceeded to unfriend me a few minutes after I got the screencaps. (WARNING: Strong Language in the next picture)
    View attachment 105617
    I added the "accomplice," asking them if they were legitimate and actually selling the Rocket Launcher, or if they even had one. They responded with a yes for having one, and a no for selling it, as well as pointing out they already have a Bill's Hat.
    View attachment 105618
    I sent them a good portion of the chat with their friend to explain what happened. They still knew nothing about why they were being included in their attempts to scam.
    View attachment 105621
    View attachment 105622
    View attachment 105624
    Long Story Short, they tried to scam me out of my Bill's Hat using an offer of an item their friend would never give them in the first place, then tried to scare me into giving them the hat. After they failed that, they decided to insult me before unfriending me. The friend they were talking about cleared up the part of the story they were included in afterwards, and explained that the group they owned had nothing to do with what the scammer was talking about. This is all the information I have available, and I hope it's enough to have the person marked as a scammer.

Attached Files:

2. Inconveniently Large Ego

Steam:
    Well, that went worse. I tried to fix it and it didn't get better.
  3. Inconveniently Large Ego

Steam:
    Okay, I am shutting this one down as well as the previous one, and waiting until I have a better hang of how this forum works.
  4. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.