1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How to screenshot Steam Chat from someone who has blocked me?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by JK1985, Jun 29, 2022.

1. JK1985

JK1985 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48429344
    Does anyone know how to bring up a previous person who has scammed me, but has already blocked me?

The scam report doesn't review Get Friend Messages logs, so I would like to know how can I report a scammer.
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
  3. JK1985

JK1985 New User

Steam:
    Hello Roudydogg.. how can i submit evidence then if i cannot take any more screenshots of the chat window? Thanks.
  4. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Unfortunately if you don't have access to the chat with the accused user you may be unable to submit evidence that meets our Report Submission Fundamentals.
    In your future trades with other users, I recommend that you keep your chat windows open and to use your judgement to proactively take screenshots when necessary, before closing any windows/chats.
  5. JK1985

JK1985 New User

Steam:
    Hello.. Do you also review of reports outside of evidences submitted? Evidence like multiple subreddit pages reporting the same scammer? Thanks.
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    No - only raw steam chat screenshots
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    Make sure you've read our policies/procedures/requirements links.

people mass reporting someone for something also isn't even viable evidence anywhere, that could be done to harass for all we know.
  7. JK1985

JK1985 New User

Steam:
    Yes I've read the policies. But so far there have been more scam operations by this one guy, and multiple scam reports in reddit. Most of the time he can escape the chat screenshots by blocking us. How do you deal with that?
    He has scammed a total of 6 people, including me based on my latest count from the reddit reports.. And no action has been done by either Steamrep and Steam Support.
    His scam operation involves a subreddit page that looks legit by putting one of the administrator for /r/GlobalOffensiveTrade inside the subreddit page to make it look legit. However, that person doesn't do middleman according to his profile.
    The scammer is still at large and scamming people daily for their items.
    I do understand you have limited capabilities to look at reports.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2022
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok I've hidden those images - this isn't where you report someone.
    We don't review evidence outside of what is stated regardless, we just can't review everything.
    Everything you are saying is also accusations at this point even if you think they are or not its just accusations which is fair to assume.
    We can't control what Steam/Steam Support does so you can only address that issue with them vs here.

Since you understand the policies that should take care of this issue.
  9. JK1985

JK1985 New User

Steam:
    I'm not here to report. I'm looking for ways to improve this whole community and to prevent someone else from being scammed by this guy.
    Normally I wouldn't care but since I've been a victim and someone else from those reddit reports, I'm looking for ways to get this guy banned.
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You should just focus on educating others on how to avoid someone you feel isn't being honest but again its accusations on your behalf.
    For every one of these you go after as you think you are helping the better good, 3-5 more of them are created and it begins again with another sub/page/site and more steam accounts. Idea is to educate users what to avoid and look for and for this situation you are addressing based on the screenshots its VERY common and not much you will be able to do to stop it.
    I just made your images hidden since it reflected someone directly is what I noted.
    But at the end of the day you know our policies/requirements here so there isn't much we can help issues on other platforms. I suggest you take it up with the reporting resources on those platforms/sites.
    Thanks!