1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198133707147 - (Chiho Sasaki / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by zaaap, Aug 27, 2022.

1. zaaap

zaaap Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:86720709
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198133707147 (Chiho Sasaki)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I do not own any other accounts.​

Appeal description:
    Hi,
    my name is zap.

And first of all, I want to appologise for what I was trying to do back in 2017.

At this time I was 14 years old and a friend of mine got scammed. I felt so bad for him because he had such a hard time moving on after it happened. He wanted to quit CS:GO because he lost his knife and didn't want to remember it everytime he pulls out his vanilla knife ingame.
    So i decided to go on a mission to get him a new knife. I was looking in forums for the best methods for scamming. The method I decided to use was a well known one where you misrepresent a random Dota Item as way more expensive as it is. I think you know what I mean. You can look up all the screenshots in the report which caused my SR ban.

Now it is more than five years ago and I am very glad the scam I was trying to do did never work. I involved a friend who helped me do this scam as he bought the misrepresent Dota item. Ofcourse he got SR banned too for the same case beacause we both were involved. I am still in contact with him so if there is any need for information of him I'll get it.

I hope you have a great day.
    Best regards,
    zap.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You said you were on a mission to scam and this particular instance you did not succeed. What happened with your mission or other instances?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  3. zaaap

zaaap Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Within my "mission" I tried to scam many more people because I was not aware of the consequences for me or even for my potential victims. Like I said, I am very glad that it never worked out and nobody was harmed. The mission ended when I found out that I got SR banned because I was very scared that even more could happen like a trade ban or something like that. So i don't know when exactly my mission started but I remember that it was a very short journy because I got reported and banned on SR very quickly after it started.
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    Are people not harmed when others attempt to rob them?
  5. zaaap

zaaap Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    I know what you want to say. And yes I totally agree that a victim of an attempted robbery is also kind of harmed. I mean I have experience with it myself. I had over the past years several expensive items which were very important to me and there were tons of people trying to scam me.
    What I wanted to say with "I am very glad that it never worked and nobody was harmed" is that I personaly think that it is by far worse for the victim to actually lose his items which not only had lots of value in terms of money because it also has an emotional value for himself.

By the way I want to add (if you have not allready noticed) that I am not a native English speaker so I want to excuse if there are some issues in terms of understanding my statements. I hope I'm able to express the things I am trying to say correctly. :)
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    Please provide your inventory history for the month of March of 2017, see screenshot guide for further details of proper screens.

As its been a couple of months, I'm going to be a tad lenient for you to followup but, it will not be indefinite and will not be considered if you fail to followup and attempt a new appeal.
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    Deadline will be Dec 15th, plz followup.
  8. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Hello,
    You have had ample time to follow up and provide what the other administrator has required of you, far longer than we allow other appellants. You have been online on Steam since the deadline was set and I see no reason to keep this appeal open any longer. As such, this appeal is thus Rejected for failure to follow up.
    Regards.