1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ideas for steam rep and new intergrations

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by TemioMAN, Dec 11, 2012.

1. TemioMAN

TemioMAN New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45707254
    Right so I've been thinking, possible we could have a page for known phising websites I also think we should have a shark tag. The phising page would be a list of websites linked to tf2 and steam that all have been reported and accepted to have phising on them. People can report phising websites that then should be put onto the system. It should also feature a search bar. I think sr needs a shark tag(for quite obvious reasons) this would make it alot easier to categorise people who have commited a 'steam crime'in some way.
    Any other suggestions comment below and we could possible see the feesability of some of the suggestions actually coming into fruition.
    Temioman
  2. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    The problem with "phish <><"sites, is they are transitory. It is rather trivial to set one up, and those who make them do so in the knowledge they have a short shelf life. So lists would mostly have little more than historical interest.

SR does not apply shark tags currently, and I do not imagine that this will change in the short term. Sharks are being investigated and researched by servers/networks, although we are still in the infancy of things in terms of getting everyone on the same page. SR does have a leadership role in this behind the scenes, but I am guessing it will be quite some time before there is a general consensus community wide on best approaches.
  3. [Gent] Jeremy

[Gent] Jeremy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26649445
    Also compiling a list of phishing sites in one place where somebody might even accidentally click on one is dumb. It's really not difficult to recognize a non-legit site. Just be smart about what you click and where you go and you will be fine.
    Duskfall -a^DF likes this.
  4. takethepants

takethepants New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27332147
    Cataloging phishing sites are fairly futal since they can essentially be setup for free. The best advice is to just be vigilant and check URLs
    Duskfall -a^DF likes this.
  5. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    I can understand why you don't want to tag some sharkers..but certain sharkers that like to LIE for prices and/or offer cheap stranges for unusuals need some kind of mark.
    If it's too much hassle to keep up with all the sharking, then maybe only mark them for sharking after they been banned on major trading sites like outpost..because obviously they don't learn their lesson after getting those types of bans if they keep doing it.
  6. Duskfall -a^DF

Duskfall -a^DF New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41806566
    How many Admins do we have active on SteamRep? Six? Seven?
    They are already overworked as it is. Implementing new functions to SteamRep would probably near the bottom of their to-do list. I mean, they've accumulated an incredibly large backlog with just the basic functions of SteamRep alone (scam reports and tag appeals). Honestly, while I did want the SteamRep staff to start handling Moderator Applications (and I'm glad they did), I kinda feel it wasn't exactly the best move. I mean, seriously, 1200 reports to go over plus an uncounted amount of appeals is a lot to deal with. Moderator Applications adds immensely to the workload even with only 15 or so applicants because you need to be extremely careful when you give someone power.
  7. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    ^^ This :)

Most of you who play this game, perhaps do not realize that most of the SR guys and gals hardly ever get to play the game. Poor Helen isn't able to play competitive these days, due to the sheer workload of SR.

Duskfall mentioned "mod apps", well it isn't that easy. I would think conservatively out of every 100 apps, you would be flat out finding more than a few people that would meet SR standards and work out long term. So to ask SR to do much more than it currently struggles with is beyond the pail.

I fully agree that it would be great if SR were able to do a lot more, in all sorts of areas, but given they have to cautious with staff and careful with policies, we all need to be mindful that there are limitations to what is possible. Let us support SR as best we can, and hopefully we can all help SR by working to inform others out there about the dangers of trading and how to avoid potential scams that could affect those we know "before" they need to come on the forum to report something they lost.
  8. Scooty Puff Jr.

Scooty Puff Jr. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34050552
    [​IMG]
    ;)

Chaos is a little MIA atm, other than that, Im pretty sure they're all active in some way.