1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198053230866 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Whitechapel™ ©, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitechapel™ ©

Whitechapel™ © New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:22512159
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198053230866

Victim profile: 76561198005290047

What happened? Description:
    got a fake steam fund trade offer from this guy.

added him to confront him and he continuously lied to me saying it is legit. needs a trade ban.

HE IS ALSO TRYING TO 'SELL' HIS ACCOUNT TO SOME POOR SOUL SO GET HIM MARKED SO HE GETS NOTHING FOR HIS TROUBLES.​

Provide Evidence:
    screens.​

Attached Files:

2. Booker Dewitt 3

Booker Dewitt 3 Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46482569
    how do I challenge this someone I was trying to trade with mentioned this and I had no idea this even existed. How do i go about removing a 9 year old unconfirmed report.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Well did you or did you not send that user that trade offer? Yes or no

also fyi making an appeal is pointless - you have nothing to appeal "yet".
  4. Booker Dewitt 3

Steam:
    I do not believe so I would never do something like this even back then to compromise my account. I did have an issue with steam rep for something similar where an unauthorized user had sent a similar message to another trader on my account. This was also around 9 years ago and was cleared up with steamrep, this report has probably been here sense then and was never cleared up at the time.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Are you saying someone used your account and did this and the user reported your account for it? Did I read this correctly?
  6. Booker Dewitt 3

Steam:
    I had an issue around 9 years ago where someone had gotten access to my account and sent out some of these offers to attempt to have my steam account banned at the time i worked with steam support and steamrep to resolve the situation. Sense that situation I have counited to actively trade and play cs and have had 0 issues this old post was brought to my attention recently so I am now trying to see if I can get it resolved its an unconfirmed report so it hasn't stopped me from trading I would just like to deal with it instead of leaving it for another 9 years lol.
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Well you are responsible for your account and its actions at all times, that is Valve's stance and that is ours.
    It is unconfirmed because it got lost in a sea of many others during a time when the help wasn't around to review it - now we can review it.
    So let me ask here - did any of the offers sent get any successful trades/scams completed? If so did you return those items to those users? Lastly since this has happened has the other person had access to your account or any one else at any time since or will they ever from then on out? Basically asking did you secure your account and kept it like that from that time period?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  8. Booker Dewitt 3

Steam:
    No trades ever got accepted I think there were like 4-6 of them and half were declined and the other half were canceled by me. And my account is now secure I've had two auth for years and I change all my passwords often.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok and you are the original owner of the account? Based on our information you were trying to sell it or another years ago.
  10. Booker Dewitt 3

Steam:
    I was not Back then i lived at home i played counter strike so i was 18* at the time and my brother was jealous of my skins. It was a dumb sibling think and steam support was super understanding
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You were back then what? You did try to sell this account? What does steam support have to do with it? I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say?
    Your brothers account information please - ID64
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @Booker Dewitt 3 Want to respond to my questions? Will review this in a week either way.
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    24hours to follow up
  14. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.