1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined 76561198077714732 (Parenta)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ☤Redline, Dec 9, 2012.

1. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    In regards to this, it appears that Peepers has bought multiple items off this same hijacker. He bought some of your hijacked items, Redline and he bought some of the items from the user above. We know for a FACT paraental and Mr. wiggles are alts

Mr. Peepers is also either an alt or potentially working with these accounts.

http://www.tf2items.com/item/1310912023
    http://www.tf2items.com/item/1310912030
    http://www.tf2items.com/item/1310912026

The list of items he bought goes on and on.
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    I interviewed Peepers for a long time about this and he has very forthcoming. He has clear evidence he is not involved. The hijacker "senior" alts came to him and haggled prices for some time to sell him items. The accounts were not new and were not marked. He has full evidence that he traded/bought the items and didn't suspect them as scammers (in the same situation, very few people would). He's been warned to be more careful about this situation (and given some tips for avoiding this), but I see no indication that he's involved other than being a prominent trader who was around at that time of the day/night.
  3. ☤Redline

☤Redline New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48227040
    Honestly,, with a trade with this much experince, he sould of known better, I am going to keep looking to this trades and find more info on this case.
  4. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Tell me, specifically, what should he have known?

People are saying the same thing about Redline's hijacking. With his experience, he should have known better. It's surely a fake hijack, etc.

You can't have it both ways-- hindsight is 20/20 and it's important to keep that in mind. If you want to know more about Peeper's case, you can see it over on TF2-Trader's ban appeal. http://tf2-trader.com/index.php?topic=21663.0
  5. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    TF2-TRADER banned Mrpeepers instantly (as we do in any cases where there is any accusation) and I locked his thread.

Mattie interviewed him, I also spoke to him after this to learn the basic details and to further explain to him that above and beyond an SR warning, myself and others constantly check the trades of users who "swim into our ken" (as Keats might say). Given the appraisal by Mattie, we were happy as we always are to abide by SR judgement in such matters.

His ban was removed and his thread was unlocked.
  6. ☤Redline

☤Redline New User

Steam:
    Ask Machine, he checked my yahoo and everything in T.V. He has proof who did it, the ip that logged into my yahoo, etc. Also just letting everyone know that I am Formatting my Pc, begin there's a rootkit in my system. Machine has proof I didn't self-jack myself, and there is no way of knowing if your getting jacked, until it happens. Anyways I will be offline for a while, until I re-install my OS, etc.
  7. Lemonbolt got hijacked D:

Lemonbolt got hijacked D: New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36490798
    But how did they get our stuff? I dont remember clicking any links from anyone?
  8. ☤Redline

☤Redline New User

Steam:
    Just would like to say that I got that rootkit out of my pc, and that I am making a new SR account, so from this point foward, this account is no long valid, my new accounts name will be Redline.
  9. Redline

Redline New User

Just would like to confirm that this is my new account, begin the other could of been in the hands of the hacker before I formated my pc
    Mastercat likes this.
  10. TF2-Pro

TF2-Pro New User

Also Ban mrpeepers at tf2outpost i seen his trades on outpost
  11. Communist Waffle

Communist Waffle New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23395026
    Just to clarify, I do not at all par take in working with scammers at all! I unintentionally traded with the said hijacker/scammer. Before trading I made sure to check that the user's profile was not private, was not marked, had many years and hours on steam. Which they did. I did my fullest to make sure I prevented myself from trading a scammer. In addition Red-Line accused me and told individual's that I knowingly bought from a scammer. I did not at all. The user was not marked before I bought the beak. I do not intentionally trade or work with scammers at ALL!
  12. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413