1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Archived Appeal: 76561198823487819 - (Fungi / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by medic from tf2 2.0, Jul 14, 2024.

1. medic from tf2 2.0

medic from tf2 2.0 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:431611045
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198823487819 (Fungi)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    Did have alt account years ago, barely used and forgot name/password. Other than that, no other alts.​

Appeal description:
    This was years ago when I was young and gullible, a friend sent me a link to talk to a "Steam admin" who asked for access to my account, I gave in, and then they used my account to spread on the same scammer. I had the urge to play Team Fortress 2 once more after all these years, and wanted to buy some items on a third-party site, but am unable to due to the ban here. I am aware of the post mentioning no new appeals after the 13th, but since I was just a day late, I thought I'd try my luck. If it helps my case, there are no other reported scamming incidents on my account other than the one added 1,936 days ago that I'm appealing for now.

I completely understand if nothing can be done with this, I should have been more careful, and I should have tried my best to uproot the situation from the start when I had the chance. Now that I have gone through scams in my younger days, I know what to look out for and I will not let something like this happen again.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    User declined to pursue appeal after being asked standard hijacking appeal questions. Archiving appeal.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**