1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Someone said they reported me when I did nothing wrong?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by MageLeif, Dec 17, 2012.

1. MageLeif

MageLeif New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:38759676
    Alright so I don't exactly know where to put this, but if it's in the wrong place I apologize and please let me know.

So here's what went down:

I see this trade thread on TF2 Outpost...

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/6577680#/26258718

...so I make the post there and then add the guy, here's his Steam profile.

The trade is his buds for my buds and a refined. Now I collect buds (see my inventory), and I hate to see a person receive flak for proposed trades - see the very first hidden comment in the trade so I'm like why not, I'll trade with this person.

I add the person, and here is the chat log: http://i.imgur.com/88hJl.png

How the trade went down IN EXACT STEPS is this:

1. I type in "refined" in the search and put a refined in the trade window.
    2. I type in "ear" in the search and attempt to put an earbud in the trade window.
    3. It doesn't respond so I put another earbud in.
    4. It catches up and now there is a refined and two earbuds in the trade window.
    5. I remove one earbud.
    6. I wonder why the other person has not put their earbud in yet so I rapidly click on the "ready to trade" checkmark button a few times.
    7. As I'm jamming the "ready to trade" toggle button, the trade suddenly gets canceled.
    8. The person I was trading with says "reported" and then removes me from the friends list.

Unfortunately I didn't get any screenshots of the trade window because it was canceled by the other party.

I'm positive that I did nothing wrong, and maybe there's a misunderstanding. I'm not exactly worried that I will get in trouble or anything of the sort, but I'd just like to make this thread to ensure that I'm not trying to "run away" from anything if this person does happen to report me and wasn't just making a hollow threat.
  2. Duskfall -a^DF

Duskfall -a^DF New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41806566
    I think he thought you were trying to quickswitch. Rapidly readying and unreadying repeatedly usually is a sign of a quickswitch scam.
  3. MageLeif

MageLeif New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:38759676
    That's silly, I believe that both people automatically un-ready if either side of the trade if modified.

Anyways, thanks for suggesting one possible reason.
  4. wic

wic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:1874586
    Well,
    I know the trading system somethimes (read: often) lags out, so I believe what you are saying.
    Maybe keep an eye on the "Report a scam" section the next couple of days, and if you would be reported, you can still defend youself with your story before anything gets decided.

Good luck!
    MageLeif likes this.
  5. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

I'd check also the Outpost steam forums.

As for getting "attention" better use the normal steam chat for that. Ask there what happening, ringing for voice chat etc.
    wic likes this.
  6. Duskfall -a^DF

Duskfall -a^DF New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41806566
    Many people, much to my chagrin, do not notice this, re-ready and proceed with the modified trade.