1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Should I get back to my old account?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by DJRockstar, Jan 2, 2013.

1. DJRockstar

DJRockstar New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:28358581
    Because I was scammed in my old account (first time)...
    What you guys think? just need some advice

2. wic

wic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:1874586
    Hi there,
    Could you give some more details pls? :)
    Like, what was your old acc, why do you want it back, how did you get scammed, why didn't you use it once the whole thing was solved?
    Grtz!
  3. DJRockstar

DJRockstar New User

Steam:
    Actually, this is my old account, sorry if any.. :)

I want it back because this account is 3 years already and I have retail games in it , and has a unique Steam ID. :D
    I was scammed by trading a rare Item from dota 2, some user sent me a link with pictures, and during at that time I'm not familiar how scam works. I reported the user and valve took immediate action banned the user for 2 weeks (I think) now the user is on probation status, After that I moved my items to my new account for safe keeping.

But yeah, lesson learned.
  4. DARKLY | Jakk

DARKLY | Jakk New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44479885
    There shouldn't have been a reason for you to move to a new account in the first place, just because you were scammed, it does not mark your account where you can't use it as normal. (Unless you broke the ToS, which you really shouldn't be asking...lol)
    DJRockstar likes this.
  5. DJRockstar

DJRockstar New User

Steam:
    Its not that, lol. I feel really annoyed or like ("I regret that feeling") each time I check my inventory history because of that, I'm a bit paranoid thats why. :D
  6. DARKLY | Jakk

DARKLY | Jakk New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44479885
    That's fine, it's having your item stolen...but running away from it won't help, paranoia can drive a person insane.

Save up some metal, spare cash, find a seller that has that same item, find a middleman, make a trade, get your rare item back. Profit. :3
    DJRockstar likes this.
  7. DJRockstar

DJRockstar New User

Steam:
    Yeah, as what you have said "Running away from it won't help" and there's a saying "nothing ventured nothing gained " oh well, yeah I shouldn't think about it too much and why should I hide?...rofl.
    Great Advice!
    I think I'll get back to my old account then, and I'll be careful next time in trading. Thank you!. :D
  8. wic

wic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:1874586
    Just taking a look at some guides on this forum, and tell everyone you know about this site, will help this world abit ;-)
    DJRockstar likes this.
  9. DJRockstar

DJRockstar New User

Steam:
    Definitely! Thanks Guys! :D