1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Does a permanent ban on outpost = Problems on Steamrep?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by FunnyBunny999, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FunnyBunny999

FunnyBunny999 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:27028372
    Hello.
    About a month or more ago, I was banned from outpost permanently with an "official" reason of founding a group whose purpose is to hold onto our strange gunslingers for a year and then sell them at our own agreed upon price.
    The "person" who banned me is called "Pretender".

This was never listed in any of their rules, and quite frankly I am sure it was a personal decision on the part of the admin who banned me. He and other admins on outpost made quite a few blunders by contradicting each other before this(one admin says a trade is ok, and then the next admin bans you for it, a third admins says it is ok, and a 4th admin bans you for it again). I ended up pointing out how incompetent the admins on outpost are with their contradictory decisions (on their forums), in that they do not even know the rules they are entrusted to enforce. Of course, this did not put me on their good side (a place I do not care to be since they are generally all ********).
    So they fabricate a reason to ban me permanently.

No big loss in hindsight. I am not going to allow some little *** called pretender to tell me that I can or cannot make a group, and that I can or cannot sell an item at MY price at a time of MY chosing. If that is how outpost works, then f*** 'em quite frankly.

But then I notice that the specific ******* who banned me (Pretender) is a moderator on steamrep.
    So my question... since it is a given that he is biased, incompetant, and a *****.... does the fact that I am banned from outpost have any "consequence" on your steamrep page? He is a moderator here afterall, and I have to assume that many of you are buddies.

Heck, this specific issue was brought up already on your forums and your admins stated that I was not breaking any rules and that I was not doing anything wrong by chosing to hold onto an item for a period of time of my chosing, and then sell it as a bloc along with members of my group at an agreed upon price.

However, since Pretender is incompetant, biased and has a hard-on for me... will this effect some standing I have on steamrep?
    Considering he is a moderator on here as well. (bad decision. he is like curly from the 3 stooges)

You admins have already decided that my group is acceptable and not breaking any rules, but since Pretender is a moderator on your site will that now change?

Am I going to suddenly have a "Scammer" tag or some s✿✿✿, because pretender has a hard on for me for pointing out what an incompetent admin he is?

Thank you.
    EagleOne likes this.
  2. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Individual servers can impose any bans they desire, for whatever reasons: It has always been thus. The better sites have better policies, and as users we choose which we frequent.

Having said that, I am certain the ONLY reasons SR will apply a tag for, are those expressly set out in SR rules. I suspect your fears are unfounded :)

* Pretender has a reputation for having an itchy trigger finger, but he also has a reputation for being hard working and dedicated to the community. While you are free to express your views, I for one do not share them, I find Pretender to be highly competent.
  3. FunnyBunny999

FunnyBunny999 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:27028372
    While I do not share your opinion on Pretenders competence, I thank you for your quick reply.

So, even though he is a moderator here on steamrep... he does not have the power to do anything to me since I have not broken any rules on steam rep.
    I had to ask because I never broke any rule on outpost by making my group, but yet he insisted on a permanent ban for a rule that never existed.
    I had to ask to be sure he wouldn't do the same thing here, given his track record.

You speak of his reputation as being hard working and dedicated to the community, however I have to assume you are also aware of the flip side of that... he also has a reputation for for being an incompetent and biased admin by many many people.

With that, the issue is resolved.

Thank you.
  4. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

SR is quite rigid in reasons why a tag may be applied. Even if you would get a tag for that, a appeal would do to remove it, for it wasn't scamming.

So to answer your question, yes, any site may ban anybody they see fit for any reason. Dislike for their color of avatar, or w/e. SR steps in when this would be for "scamming", for on those we require those comm's to have a certain level of proof, report etc. So if they don't like somebody, they can just ban, if its a scammer, they can report etc.

As for access level, only SR admins have full access to tagging, and a couple Community Admins have limited access to adjust their own tags.

Being in a "hoarder" group, doesn't make you a scammer.
  5. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Also, you mention "buddies", let me tell you that is not an issue.

I know from my many dealing with SR Staff, that they recuse themselves from cases where they perceive a conflict or have personal involvement, so such "assumptions" are plain wrong.
  6. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Our FAQ describes the behaviors for which SteamRep will tag/ban.

As VenGanZa said, sites can ban for whatever reason to keep people off their lawn. Yet, SteamRep is a representative of the greater trading community. We have a narrower range in which our site can ban-- regardless of admin/moderators/etc. That scope only grows/shrinks after lots of (i.e. endless) discussion and careful thought and every judgment is entitled to an appeal.

Moderators help us out with the forums and we pick people who have good judgment about our policies and rules. They understand that SR must remain a respected watchdog to protect legitimate traders-- as such, tags are never given out lightly by any SteamRep staff members.

Unless you're trying to scam/cheat people or help those who do, you're pretty much outside of SteamRep's jurisdiction.
  7. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Does pretender have issues with hoarders or what?
    Without taking sides, I would love to hear Pretender opinion on this and why he banned you.
  8. jameless

jameless Guru Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19765576
    I'm not taking any sides here, but the reasoning for Pretender banning you from OutPost, as stated a few times above, is not the opinion nor the absolute basis for any action from SteamRep. I don't think this thread needs to turn into an attack on him, nor do I feel this is the proper platform for such a discussion. I would advise bringing it up with OutPost, or more pertinently, with Pretender himself. I do understand the post of the question of the OP and I think he even admitted the response justly answered his query. As such, I will be locking this thread unless another admin feels it warrants more discussion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.