1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

is dota2prices.com a legit site?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Muninn, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muninn

Muninn New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:2987946
    i've been going to this site alot for quickly checking prices, but i'm suspicious it might be a malware site. If i could get help/conformation on this it would be greatly appreciated.
  2. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    I did a few basic checks and I don't see anything untoward.
    Muninn likes this.
  3. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    The site itself is clean from malware/scripts, but the prices listed on there are far off from the current market values of items. It's most likely another one of the those spreadsheets websites where the owner wishes to manipulate the market to his own gain.
    DataStorm, Muninn and ForteSP like this.
  4. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    What??? You don't like paying 16 keys for a gold botkiller :`(. I thought dat was real market price.
  5. Muninn

Muninn New User

Steam:
    ah i see, no more trusting this site then -.-. ty for your advice
  6. Muninn

Muninn New User

Steam:
    thx
  7. the_best_noob

the_best_noob New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52405770
    Took a look at it, and it seemed shoddy enough to avoid. Now, I'm not into dotA 2 trading, but it looked about at legit as spreadsheet and I wouldn't be surprised if it's just sole lazy guy trying to manipulate dotA prices to get stuff easily.
  8. Painstik

Painstik New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:7604873
    I am one of the admins on dota2prices, so I just wanted to reply. Site is up and running for 3 months now, and from that day we have never tried to manipulate the prices on any way. Users visiting our site on daily basis can say that instead of us. Also, we didn't get anything from our site to gain profit cos most of the time we are checking the prices and not trading like we used to before (ok, we get like 30€ per month from google adsense - this day next year, we'll be millionaires).

We are trying to be objective as much as possible. We do not guarantee that all the prices are correct because they are changing every day, but we are trying to keep the track. If you see outdated item prices - please send us an email (there is a link on homepage) or post it on our steam group discussion forums. Maybe it would be easier to investigate something before shitposting...

P.S. Oh yeah, you are one of the D2T crew, now i get it...
  9. Starburst

Starburst New User

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Rob likes this.
  10. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Obviously you don't. Acesgamer is the admin of multiple communities, D2T just happens to be one of them. Comments like that are just asking for a rude response from someone. Please refrain from starting fights on our forums! Thank you :). He was just trying to help a user out who asked a question. My response would have been the same as his.
  11. Painstik

Painstik New User

Steam:
    They marked as as "scammers" from day one... that's why I said that... You can say whatever you want, but he is a moderator here. Didn't want to offend anyone, just wanted to state that what he is talking about is not the truth.
  12. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Manipulation is not the only reason Spreadsheet Admins is marked as a scammer. There are other reasons, and I really don't feel bringing up the whole spreadsheet thing is relevant at this time, OR a productive use of our time. The fact is after the situation with Spreadsheet Admin, the TF2 Spreadsheet lost approximately half of it's following, no matter what Admin says. It's just a fact. They now give away keys to sustain their following, lmfao. How pathetic can you get, right?
    Duskfall -a^DF likes this.
  13. Painstik

Painstik New User

Steam:

I am glad that in my country legal system is not like yours... Didn't come to debate, just to say something in our defense, but I see it's pointless. Good night...
  14. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Apart from the TF2 Spreadcheat, issues no spreadcheat will ever be "up to date" due various reasons, the most called one would be the "impossible to keep up" one, and the darker ones always denied high and low. Better check on actual trading sites for what its been bought/sold for to see a current price.
  15. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Man, I've heard spreadSHIT, but never spreadcheat. I like that, mind if I use it?
  16. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Sure, ever since the TF2 Spreadcheat debacle I've been using it like that.
  17. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    Not sure why this was brought up, our site doesn't have a spreadsheet / pricelist, nor do we compete with you.
    Heck, I never even heard of your website before I saw complaints popping up about the absurdly low prices listed for Drodos, Sneevils, and Golden Roshans, amongst others.

The feedback the community gives on your website is generally quite negative; people usually get flamed for bringing it up.
    If you're trying to create an honestly driven website where people can actually go for reference, then go for it. Just letting you know that your website's reputation right now is just as bad as it can get.
    VenGanZa likes this.
  18. Painstik

Painstik New User

Steam:
    We had a flop when we just started with ef and fb couriers (not smeevil, drodo...), and yes it was major, but in our defense it was diretide event when we started the site the prices were going crazy (like all events are).

About the feedback... there is negative and there is positive feedback (which you can't see :).
    Older traders which are in trading all the time are of course flaming for bringing us up, know that already. They don't need our site to know the prices or they don't agree with the prices (cos we do have faulty prices, it's difficult to track everything). Our site is not made for them but for new and occasional traders to know the approximate value of each item.

If we were that bad as you say our site is, then we wouldn't have 15k visitors in a day (and growing rapidly every month)
  19. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Time for some fun...

If you KNOW prices are going crazy, why even try to price them. That is completely irresponsible on your team's part. The purpose of your website is to HELP users make good trades, not rely on inaccurate, dynamic prices. Just leave the price off dynamic items, all together, until a price settles

If your positive feedback is that abundant, I think we would be able to see it. SteamREP gets a crap load of +/- reviews from the massive amounts of critics and there are hardly any hidden complaints users have. The same goes for TF2 Spreadsheet, everyone knows what people have to say (both postive.... and primarily negative about it)

So you are using your site to CONFIRM what people know an items value to be? Why even bother, that has to be the most STUPID thing I have heard in my entire freaking life. If someone has an approximation of an item, why would they double check on a spreadsheet that is run by admins, instead of run by the community, like a Backpack.tf is. If tracking prices is difficult, why do you even exist? By creating a site and TRYING to get followers it's your job to upkeep prices of every item every day. Otherwise you turn out like spreadsheet, absolutely useless. This block quote i have more to say on, but I think I will leave that for later, if I feel like bringing up other points

15k visitors a day? Seems like a load of crap and the FIRST of many lies to come from your mouth... If that's true and you really think you are growing rapidly, you'd better start working harder to make your site semi-decent, otherwise you will turn into another Spreadcheat (Credit to Datastorm ^.^) Admin.
  20. Painstik

Painstik New User

Steam:
    @ForteSP You really think I will debate with YOU? Wasn't even talking to you... so good night again, alright?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.