1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Improper Format Gift Warp Scamming

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Vaccticuz, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Vaccticuz

Vaccticuz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:754544
    So to begin with i got lucky this one time and never got scammed cous i was cautious.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198080301305

This guy tryed to scamme me with a gift wraped vintage fan o war for my Orebting Fire Scotch Bonnet. But luckely i knew the price of this item and that it was alot higher then my Bonnet. I understod he had done something with the gift wrap and thats when i discoverd that the gifts name int the wrap had "" on it which means it was renamed. It was a normal fan o war that was renamed "vintage fan o war" and then wraped. One thing i'm not sure of thou is that the gift is not done by him so think he was scammed before he scamed me. Either way he tryed to scamed so i would like him reported.

Here is his invetory where you can see the wraped gift - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198080301305/inventory/

Our chat

Vaccticuz: hey
    MeowMeowMix: hey would you be willing to sell your unusual scotch for a gift wrapped vintage fan o war?
    Vaccticuz: hum
    Vaccticuz: it's a really good offer
    Vaccticuz: =)
    Vaccticuz: let me think about it
    MeowMeowMix: mkay
    Vaccticuz: okay sure
    Vaccticuz: it's a deal
    Vaccticuz: =)
    MeowMeowMix: mkay in a tarde in a sec
    Vaccticuz: okay
    MeowMeowMix: trade me
    MeowMeowMix has accepted your request to trade.
    MeowMeowMix: its also very hard for me to do stuff on tf2 due to my laptop being very slow
    Vaccticuz: that sucks :/
    Vaccticuz: sorry mate
    Vaccticuz: i'm not trying to be a douche or anything
    Vaccticuz: i just dont wana to make big trades this fast
    Vaccticuz: i'm a cautious guy =)
  2. ♂banned♀™

♂banned♀™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37987213