1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Would it be safe to trade with this person?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Taylor Swift, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45462132
    http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198027846812
    I was looking for quicksells on Outpost and he added me QSing his Hearts Jefe because of his ban on Outpost.

He is permabanned from Outpost for, "Involved in fake trade scamming ring, several other people involved",
    But he is not marked on SteamRep, im not sure if it is safe to trade with him or not, but here is his appeal he sent me in steam chat.

http://i.imgur.com/riVBNHQ.png

Thanks in advance!
  2. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Personally I would steer away from such a person.

However since he is not SR tagged, and "if" you are doing a straight steam trade there should be little danger (of course presuming items are not hijacked), then it would be "safe". SR would not be able to tag you, since the player is not marked.

He has given you an up-front disclaimer as to his OP status, and unless OP Mods are willing to share "private notes" with you, given they have not sought fit to communicate the ban to SR for tagging purposes, we can only presume the player's infringements on OP are relatively "low level" or proof is not sufficient to escalate.

If the hat he is selling didn't come directly to him from a tagged player, and if you buying direct via normal trade system, then there should be no risk attached.
  3. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    If you are asking if it's safe to trade with someone, you have answered your own question.

You shouldn't be trading anyone you have a suspicion of, at least I don't. There are THOUSANDS of traders... Why go for the suspicious one??? Also, look at his outpost ban reason. He is banned for taking part of a scamming ring. I wouldn't go anywhere near that account.
  4. Cuttlefish

Cuttlefish New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40492442
    It won't get you SR marked, so if you won't feel guilty - do it. At least he's honest enough to explain the ban to you!
  5. Rob

Rob New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:4565259
    if he's not marked as a scammer there is no way you'd receive an SR mark from him. Don't listen to what V-dog above says he's just trying to score points with SR. You're fine.
    [Gent] Jeremy likes this.
  6. wic

wic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:1874586
    This has nothing to do with who scores points where. You are just trying to set up another drama thread.

If your question is: "Will I be tagged for trading with this person": probably not, as he is (not yet) tagged as a SR scammer.
    If it is "Is this a safe guy to trade with:" no idea. Probably not, because he didn't get tagged on tf2op for nothing. It is still your choice ofc, but I would stay away from these kind of profiles.
  7. Rob

Rob New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:4565259
    You just agreed with me, and somehow used more words. shut up.
  8. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    He isn't tagged.