1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198054211248 *Kira*SirSpaiCake (SR CAUTION)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by <Ally> Biscuit&Cake, Feb 13, 2013.

1. <Ally> Biscuit&Cake

<Ally> Biscuit&Cake New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46972760
    |steamID: *Kira*SirSpaiCake
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:0:46972760
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198054211248
    |customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ElijahTan
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198054211248

Okay, so today while chatting with a friend of mine, he told me that I was listed as Caution on Steamrep. I went to check and it was true. I was listed for fake repping and an possible alt account of a scammer. I don't know how someone came to that conclusion. There wasn't any evidence I could find. His account was made on December 1,2012, but mine was created last December 10,2012. I have over 750 hours on tf2,250 hours on dota, more than 10 games on steam. If you compared that to his, I have a lot more playing time.

Now I was also marked for fake repping him, I am a user of tf2outpost and might have traded him once before, but he didn't stand out for I do not recall what I traded with him. He might have then asked me to rep him on his profile and I did like I always do when the person im trading with asks me to. I don't bother checking steamrep before I trade. Also I am pretty sure that if he did scam someone and transferred his items into an alt, it wouldn't be this one since all of my items came from different people. I can provide a trade history if required/asked and/ or any evidence I could provide.

If anyone could check and clarify why I got this tag , that would be great.

Evidence:
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2edwgn7&s=6
    http://imgur.com/MIufYSB
  2. [Gent] Jeremy

[Gent] Jeremy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26649445
    Please provide a screenshot of the trade you did with him (from your inventory history) that caused the +rep, the Appeals team will need it when they look this over.

Also, it's good practice to check anybody before you trade with them (you say you don't bother to do it). If you end up trading with marked scammers because you didn't check, you might still be held responsible and be marked.
  3. <Ally> Biscuit&Cake

Steam:
    Yeah I know, a mistake on my part, but it's a hassle if you trade very often. Here is the screenshot.[​IMG]
  4. <Ally> Biscuit&Cake

Steam:
  5. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    Just want to correct your statement. Your account was made on December 10, 2011, not 2012.
  6. <Ally> Biscuit&Cake

Steam:
    Yeah, I know. I made a mistake, but I am fairly new to steamrep so I am not sure how to edit my post.
  7. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    Unfortunately, SteamREP only lets you edit your posts in the 2 minute period after you create your message :(.
  8. <Ally> Biscuit&Cake

Steam:
    I know the moderators are busy and all, but its been more than 2 weeks and no news for the admins. I just want to know if they are investigating it or something..
  9. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    I am not an appeals admin but I did check to see if I was the one who marked you. If I was, I could re-evaluate the case. However, I was not the marking admin so I am not able to do so. Also, moderators are not allowed to moderate anything in the appeals section unless it's an emergency so only admins can moderate in this forum.

I edited your post for you to include the screenshots.

I also implore you to PLEASE check SteamRep before you trade- for your own safety and sanity. I literally deal with tons of scam reports every day where the person could have saved themselves so much hassle if they had just done that one little thing. In fact your case right here may have been able to have been avoided.

Unfortunately, I cannot handle your case but I did want you to know that it was looked at by an admin. I wish you the best of luck and hopefully this will be cleared up to your satisfaction. :) Feel free to PM me directly if you'd like with any questions.
  10. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    tag dismissed, please be careful of who you trade with.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**