1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Just a rant....

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Mrs TS, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Mrs TS

Mrs TS New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:29411941
    Ok, so while I have lurked here for ages, I have never really posted anything....until last night.

I saw a post on Outpost where the guy was banned, then saw his same name on another account where he obviously made a new account. (the guy wasn't too bright and used the exact same name as his banned one) :eek:

So, I look for an Admin on Outpost, where the original Admin who banned this guy writes on his profile
    Even though I'm not reporting a scammer, but a ban evader, I go through all the trouble and read the proper way to format, cross my T's and dot my I's.

Then, a friendly moderator here very nicely archives my post as its not a scammer report and I am requested to go to the Outpost Forums to post my info there. GREAT.....no problem.

Then I head off to the Outpost Forums....which arent forums per se, but their Steam Group. Since I have faith in the SteamRep mod here that it isn't a scammer report, I choose to NOT list it in the Scammer section of the Outpost Discussion section, and find no clear cut section to post it in, so I lay it in the
    section, with the link to the archive here.

And lo and behold I wake up today to check on its progress to now be told
    Sorry but, I am not doing this. I am trying to help out, to volunteer like all the rest of all the fine people that are trying to make it a better trading place. But come on now already..... you guys need to get your act together.

I have no doubt you guys spend hours upon hours helping out....but situations like this inadvertently cause others to not want to help out.
    Considering a bunch of people are Admins on both sites.....can you PLEASE streamline the process of us regular people that are doing our part to help you guys (and gals) do their jobs.

While this process was new to me making my 1st report, I seriously put a lot of my time into it, just to be given the run around.
  2. TradingCo

TradingCo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:61150066
    Im sorry that this happened to you man D: SteamRep gets thousands of reports and its difficult for the one website to handle everything at once, so sometimes you get redirected to other websites like for sharking reports, manco trading and AceFortress handel those. Hopefully this guy gets whats coming to him, again sorry to hear that you were running in circles to help us out, its very much appreciated the help that SteamRep gets and it helps make the community a safer place.
  3. takethepants

takethepants New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27332147
    He was banned on Outpost, not tagged on SR. He was evading an Outpost ban and not an SR ban. The TF2OP guys are being lazy. They can easily process the report on their end, I don't know why they're making you do all the work.
    Oz' dak1ne and TradingCo like this.
  4. Mrs TS

Mrs TS New User

Steam:
    I do give them all credit in the world. I ran and co-ran my own gaming community for close to 10 years (Guns4Back2School) and I know its a thankless job. Just wish the process was a little easier, that's all.
    As I did notice though, the guys 2nd account was banned sometime during the night on OP so, someone must have either seen my post there or found out on their own.

I am aware that everyone here is a volunteer and give freely of their time. Matter of fact, had it not been a requirement that a person be an Admin on one of the associated sites, I would have long ago sent in an App here to help out. I am just too damn lazy to associate myself full time in 1 community yto gather up whatever rep they might deem necessary to become an Admin.
  5. Oz' dak1ne

Oz' dak1ne New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11020111
    Yeah you are not pointing the fact that he is a scammer but that he is using an alt account to keep posting on tf2outpost and maybe scam...
    They can easily trace the ip and compare those ones though, that's what they did imo and banned him aswell
  6. TradingCo

TradingCo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:61150066
    After trying to help him with a scammer report or something on the forums, i confronted him about the ban evasion, and he compleatly admits to doing so, hope this can help in some way :D

Attached Files:

7. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    Mrs TS, sometimes I notice that its a bit of a luck of the draw with admins on servers. If you get a bad admin who just brushes you off feel free to contact another one. Everyone is human and sometimes get overwhelmed and brush things off too quickly without thoroughly checking it out. Rest assured all admins try to keep their sites clean. That includes ban evaders. As the saying goes "if at first you don't succeed, try try again".
  8. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    I understand your concerns, but many of the admins are dealing with hundreds of reports and we sometimes have to rely on the individual to properly put a report in the right place. I do agree things could be better, but that being said, it requires money, man power and time, which many of us don't have.
  9. Mrs TS

Mrs TS New User

Steam:
    Oh, I totally understand. As I have written, I know they do a thankless job. As the title stated, it was only a rant. I hadnt had my 1st cup of coffee this morning when I wrote it. :)

Overall, I am still contemplating putting in an App and seeing if I can somehow lighten the load for them a little. I have plenty of time most nights.