1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Showing a report from discussions to steamrep

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Sari, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
    So some guy named Let-ME Illuminate You was impersonating people on the TF2R site so he could get prizes that he didn't really win. He has already been reported in the TF2R discussions and is now banned from the raffle site, but even then he's still trying to scam people and he isn't marked as a scammer. I'm afraid if I write something like "this guy was also impersonating people" and show the discussion link on another report about him, someone will just say: "make your own report." But I'm afraid if I make my own report it would just be a waste of time since it's already done. So if I see a discussion like this that's already sorted out (but steamrep isn't aware of it), how would I report it to steamrep?
  2. takethepants

takethepants New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27332147
    That report isn't a SR report, so I would go ahead and make one here if you want him banned from more than TF2R

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't see the last link. I would just reply to the original report if you have more evidence. Usually takes a while for a report to be processed, etc.
  3. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Impersonations can be independently reported, no victim or w/e needed. If you can add to a case with relevant info, thats fine too.

as for what "adding" to a case is:
    - clarifying points, or facts.
    - Asking questions to the reporter regarding their report, or part thereof
    - Adding info to a case that the reporter isn't aware of or hasn't been added to the report.

Its NOT for:
    - Personal opinion
    - Judging the accused
    - Flamewar
    etc

So if you can add your "experience" to a report that is regarding the same, that is fine, especially if you can provide independent evidence to it. If its not related to that case, you can make a independent report.
  4. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    The TF2R admins can contact me directly as well since they have tagging ability on SR. It looks like the one who processed that report isn't on my friends list so may not have known.

*Edit- Also a report on our site which I took care of so he now has a TF2R scammer tag & SR scammer tag.