1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Stolen items and a short trail

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by sitebender, Mar 12, 2013.

1. sitebender

sitebender New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:29469858
    Hey hey there,

I was wondering if someone had stolen $1,200 worth of unusuals / high value stuff that was taken from a hijacked profile to a low value backpack.... and then from that low value backpack they were then put into a 2nd low value backpack and then ended up in some giant high value backpack. All within a day. What would you be lead to believe?

I don't want to mention any parties. I just want to hear some ideas.
  2. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    I'd guess that the person with the high-value bp was either the hijacker or just bought the items from the hijacker.
  3. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23306550
    it really depends, certian items are easy to move so the item will be traded a lot during a day, once followed a item to 128 backpacks in a weekend :x so it really really depends on what item we are talking about.
  4. sitebender

sitebender New User

Steam:
    2 unusuals, vint lugermorph, max's head, strange gunslinger.

Moved to a $20 backpack that was $20 for 2+ months and is $20 afterward then moved to a bigger backpack. I could think middlemanning but most middlemanning wouldn't have a $20 backpack.
  5. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    I still middleman from time to time and my backpack is worthless. Backpack value isn't an indicator of trust.
  6. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    MM is possible, but a Google search should show some evidence of the person who "may" be an MM in most cases.

Personally I would suspect the worst and avoid such items.
  7. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    This is too true, not to mention quite a few MM´s are using alts when they MM for item space. So you cant really go by that.
  8. sitebender

sitebender New User

Steam:
    The 'thief' in this case was just SteamRep tagged as an outpost scammer. The only 2 friends the thief had are no longer friends. The middleman has games, plenty of games and has been around since 2009. The 'thief' has no other game than TF2 and only a brief time in TF2 (92 hours).
  9. sitebender

sitebender New User

Steam:
    It also looks like the middleman kept a white bill's from the 'thief'. Perhaps a payment.
  10. sitebender

sitebender New User

Steam:
    Turns out the 'victim' had 3 unusuals disappear not just 2. And now I see the 3 unusuals have been duped. The final resting place of the hat still exists and the 'victim' now both have the 3 unusual hats. All the items are back of the first victim. 3 unusuals, 1 strange gunslinger, 1 parrot (stayed with thief), 1 SF fish, white paint, 2 robros, 1 bud, 1 dashin habbadashin (stayed with the thief), 1 dr whoa (stayed with the thief), 1 strange medi (stayed with thief).... and so on.

Now I'm seeing the stranges have moved / been sold to other people from the final backpack... the thief seems to be keeping everything he stole. The buds have been flipped 3x since the final person got them.

There's also a new victim too. 2 unusuals gone and some other valuable stuff. But they're sitting in the 'thief's pack. It will be interesting to see if they go anywhere.
  11. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    if you have proof of all this you should contact a SR admin with everything and get the corrupt person tagged right away tbh.
  12. sitebender

sitebender New User

Steam:
    Well now I'm starting to think the final person is innocent and used some sort of unlisted middleman. See I went into it thinking the final person is evil. Now I think differently :)