1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Today I discovered that there are tons of Keys with doubtful origin injecting into the market

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by base64, Nov 11, 2012.

1. PotatoPotato

PotatoPotato New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:5381368
  2. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23306550
    That is true, however, different people. I love how everyone blames the russians but 80-90% of the people behind this is american or chinese traces that comes up, which is rather weird.
  3. ChaCharmander

ChaCharmander New User

Thanks a lot Potato, and I'll be sure to watch out for that. Also, How do you mean Zyddie? For the last few months I've been following a lot of Chinese leads and they all seem to run cold. I can neither get a hold of any gamers in China, or get any information about them (other than some gold farming schemes). I'd love to hear more though...
  4. Crise Ice

Crise Ice Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:12069081
    Eh, pretty cool. Good job by the hackers. Pretty unique IMO, nobody has done it on that large of a scale before, seemingly unnoticed by the rest of the community.
    What I think are some cool questions that I dont know can be answered are
    -Were the Credit Cards illegitimate?(AKA, Not working, or something along the line), Or were they stolen?
    -If they weren't real credit cards and they didn't get charged, why did Valve not refund their keys back?
    -What happens with all the buds they buy?
    -Why buds?
    Etc... if someone could answer any of those itd be great
  5. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

1. CC's likely from hacked websites that against the rules store more permanently then they should of a CC.
    2. They got charged, CC company sends out bills, user notices payments not theirs, claims, CC retracts the money.
    3. Buds? well, they buy buds with it, move it to another account, and "quicksell" them.... Which contaminates the chain of traders after as well.
    4. easy to sell, see 3.

They are literally cashing out, any dollar they get is profit.
    Oz' dak1ne likes this.
  6. Commander Video

Commander Video New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64359577
  7. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    That didn't deserve a 1 year bump. This is rather old news now.

I'm going to lock this thread.