1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Massive Amounts Of Possible Carded Keys New To System

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Damien, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damien

Damien New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33339855
    Hi guys, while on Outpost earlier, I came across a user named Long218 (currently ☣Long218 DO NOT ADD ME; ID 76561198042823837) who posted a troll sales thread selling keys at 2.66 to "bring down the price of keys". Upon viewing his backpack (http://www.tf2outpost.com/backpack/136435) I randomly clicked on a few keys, only to see those same keys having multiple instances of the same item number. Having the gut feeling that something was off, I started digging around the item ID's of who and where these came from. Upon investigation, I noticed that a good majority of them went through user RoNalD0. (custom name: randomhero1000; Steam ID 76561198060734925), user m0m0q¬¬am0q (Steam ID 76561198061954526), user Vincent tf2 keys sale (Steam ID 76561198022085104), user Nyxoux (Steam ID 76561198071338616), and user Cardeal (Steam ID 76561198046012724). Not surprisingly, a couple of those very users are already banned on Outpost for one reason or another, but almost all of them are Blue colored/elevated Outpost donators with ties to backpack.tf (through friend lists/frequent posts on the site). Tracking back the item ID's on these keys reveals dates or item origins that are impossible, or erroneous. It also seems that some keys were passed back and forth between multiple accounts to cover their item ID's. At first glance, my gut feeling tells me that some of these keys appear duped. For the sake of the community, I hope they are not. However, for any one user to have 13 pages of keys with reasonably dubious origin, which have all come into their backpack within the last couple of weeks, with multiple instances of the same exact item ID showing up on the keys; I think this deserves attention. I don't know if this is a carding or duping scheme, or both. Can anyone help sort this out or explain the item ID anomalies?

Attached Files:

2. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    He was dealt with already.

[​IMG]
    metoxys likes this.
  3. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23306550
    Most of the people you mention are already tagged as card sellers however one name is new to me at least.

Gonna have a little look :D
  4. MacroPower

MacroPower New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40378628
    [​IMG]

Hmm...
    ForteSP likes this.
  5. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    well Macro we have seen that screen before, however knowing the suppliers is fine, it is the people behind the suppliers we need to get =) Long has been busted ages ago same with quite a few of those on his friendlist.

Now time to find the rest ^_^
  6. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Based on this, he's not only trading carded keys but isn't he knowingly trading with scammers? And teaching someone else to do the same.
    Shouldn't he get a steamrep marking as well for this?
  7. Long218

Long218 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41279054
    Hey guys, I am just gonna show some proof and some explaination.
    http://puu.sh/2mjt1
    ^that is the things I said to steam support. my last trade with almier was here: http://puu.sh/2mjD2 which was I think either a bit before or a bit after she got marked as "possibly carder"

and to explain about the chat conversation you guys need to know these things:
    First, Andy is a troll, he called himself a /b/tard, he doesn't talk like serious people so that why when I said what I said, it was not in a serious matter. Also, I am kind of a troll if you look at the behavior I acted when I made key suggestions.
    you can view some of andy behavior here: http://backpack.tf/vote/id/514d01e1ba2536c47a000000 http://backpack.tf/vote/id/513f98eeba25366418000006 http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5148cdbeba2536916500000b
    Second, Baloo and Andy always ask me for keys(I gave baloo 4 keys for free) to buy their dream unusuals so when I say what I said, I want to see if they actually go for profit and risk it.
    Third, This chat was from monday or tuesday(andy told me it was tuesday the 19th) which is after Almier got marked and that the only reason why I know.
    Fourth, I was too lazy and was unable to find Almier's alt(which stored all her keys) on outpost so I could not check the history. I admited that I was lazy.
    Fifth, when I said I know carders, that is after I saw the alts listed on almier steamrep profile here: http://steamrep.com/...561198009669837 , not that I know them personally or traded with them.
    Sixth, if I knew those were carded keys, I would want them to disappear fast so I can restock and get more profit by selling low price right ? nope, I sell them at $1.37-$1.4 which is a much higher price than normal price which also slow my trading down.
    Seventh, I got very panicked when Almier got marked and so I bought many earbuds to get rid of the keys. If I was truly a key carder, why didn't I just store the keys on my alt to prevent trade ban especially when my backpack is $2000+. If you asked why I didn't feel suspicious when I trade with Almier's alt, it is because I thought she make an alt to save money because buying a 50 cents weapon on an alt give 250 backpack spaces while wasting $5 for a backpack expander get me only 100 spaces.
  8. Long218

Long218 New User

Steam:
    2 minutes to edit and I was late but um to add on, I am only about 1 month into serious paypal trading and so I still don't know all the things about it. That is why I got a huge chargedback and didn't even know what carded keys were http://puu.sh/2mk0y

Sorry for my bad english, I am foreign.
  9. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    Long wrong place to post all this, you got Valve banned SR cant do anything about that, you have to deal with support not SR, after your done dealing with support you can file a appeal to get your tag removed however in the appeal tag thingy futher down the forums =)
    Oz' dak1ne likes this.
  10. Long218

Long218 New User

Steam:
    I know, I just want to give you guys a bit more info about the situation. I am still dealing with valve atm but it is a restriction and not a ban so it probly gonna end soon.
  11. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    Probably they will unban you and reban you, like they did to me, jamal, redline and others.
  12. Oz' dak1ne

Oz' dak1ne New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11020111
    They do this only if after having a warning you redo again shitty things...
  13. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    not quite. I was unbanned on Thursday. Yesterday (Friday, one day after I was unbanned) I was rebanned. Also I found out that 2 others who had been unbanned by valve were also rebanned at about the same time or shorty after I was rebanned.

Probably a technician error, where one guy didn't realize all of us were unbanned and placed bans on us again, rofl.
  14. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    This can happen now and then if they arnt on the same page with thier reasearch yes, however very rarely i hear it happen to 3 in that short amount of time.
  15. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

automated system: banning all those accounts....
    ppl: sending support tickets
    support: unban account
    automated system: check accounts previously banned..... found X not banned ... *bans again*

ps: the above is for trolling purposes, at any hurt "automated system", no harm was intended, and was not aimed at its bits and bytes.
    Oz' dak1ne and ForteSP like this.
  16. Long218

Long218 New User

Steam:
    well I just hoped that they won't ban me on my first offense especially when I offer them to take away all the carded keys and when I reported to them when I accidently bought a scammed unusual http://puu.sh/2mwYl
  17. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    Correct if it is VAC bans, however not trade bans rather sure they are done each account single wise by a valve or two members if i am not mistaken, im sure Helen/Mattie! can share some insight in that tho as they have been there ^_^
  18. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

VAC bans are fully automated, and are not lifted, unless valve detects it was for the wrong reasons.

And valve would be a fool to not automate searches to suspicious behaviors. Sure, some human checks along the way for QC and upgrading their system of checking etc. But I have no doubt they have some system in place that allows them to research the rotten apples.
  19. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

That is an empty offer, for they will remove carded keys anyways.
  20. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    one would hope so yes. but dunno, dont work there and have no plans of every applying :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.