1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected ProPancakes SR Scammer Appeal

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by ProPancakes, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProPancakes

ProPancakes Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46091633
    Mind telling which ones so I can add it in?
  2. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    I was referring to previous reports (not involving you) where people would report others because they would agree on paying 3 buds for an item but accidentally gave 4. Something similar to that.
  3. ProPancakes

ProPancakes Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46091633
    Oh well it's the person who messed up fault he should of checked the trade before trading
  4. atom-

atom- Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:19172005
    I will remind you that every post you make gives us an idea of whether your tag is justified. Keep that in mind. Maybe read my posts before posting. I would strongly recommend ignoring ForteSP's posts because he is not advantaging your case in any way, shape or form. Quite the opposite actually.

Reverting the trade in a reasonable timeframe is merely the pre-requisite. The circumstance and motivation behind the reversion is how we determine the justification of your tag. To put an analogical parallel to your situation and from the facts before me, it can be viewed that you scammed the burning snaggletooth. You had no inclination to return this hat (scammers intent) after the breach of the trade agreement. Only on coercion did you have the change of heart to revert the trade (restoration of the item to the victim).

In my eyes you've only satisfied the criteria for us to begin considering this appeal. Nothing else is satisfied to have your tag removed, let alone downgraded.
  5. atom-

atom- Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:19172005
    Firstly I want to thank Thidran for his assistance in this case. His insight has allowed me to come to a decision quickly. The evidence which I have been given speaks for itself.

I will start by saying, there is no such thing as 'seller's error' which constitutes you to keep items which were NOT AGREED UPON. You breach an agreed upon trade agreement by refusing to revert inconsistent items in the agreement, you have fundamentally conducted a scam. The appellant in this case had gone to the extent of posting the burning snaggletooth on outpost for sale. There was absolutely no intent to honour the original agreement which contained a planets snaggletooth instead of the burning. The price differential is a secondary consideration but acknowledging common market prices, there is a huge cash/item disparity between a burning and a planets snaggle. ProPancakes has capitalised on the mistake of Boss for his own gain and profit, breaching the terms of the trade agreement entered into at pre the trade/during the trade/and post the trade.

For all those who have posted in this thread about 'seller's error' remember the above rationale. If you don't understand it, quite simply, trade and receive what both trade parties are expecting. Simple as that.

What troubles me is that the appellant has no grasp of these concepts. He still maintains Boss is 'at fault'. Fault has no play in ensuring an agreed upon trade is properly executed. This is not a morality play of 'doing the right thing'. There is a fundamental, clear as crystal breach, unless remedied by the parties. This remedy was clearly not on the appellant's mind.

If Thidran had not stepped in, what would have happened? I have no doubt in my mind that ProPancakes would have continued to sell the burning snaggle. I guess it is encouraging that the appellant did return the burning snaggle, regardless of timeframe. It is back in original possession. Does this override the appellant's mentality before Thidran's involvement? Not at all. I believe, from even your posts in your appeal thread, nothing has changed. I shudder to think of the next person who errs in a trade with yourself, your mentality in open breaches of trade agreements is a cause for concern and an undeniable risk to the trade community.

I have been told you are still quite young. Use this as a life lesson for irl. Don't EVER do wrong by people, treat others like you would like to be treated. How would you like it if Boss had your burning snaggle and you had the raw end of the stick? Put yourself in his shoes. How would you like your burning snaggle posted on outpost over your mistake in the exchange of items? If you lack empathy to this extent, then you most probably are a sociopath which is an inherent characteristic of the scammers who ruin the trading experience in our community.

Appeal denied. However, I will permit you to re-appeal 1 year from now for a possible downgrade, pending your profile does not go private and there are no other approved reports against your account(s).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.