1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Middlemen

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by 5P33DY_1, Apr 6, 2013.

1. 5P33DY_1

5P33DY_1 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34156663
    Hi,

I was just wondering whether middlemen are willing to do backpack jobs (bp for paypal). I would like to know in advance, because most have rules regarding what and how they provide their service.

Also if you are a middleman and would be willing to middleman a trade involving a backpack (251 items being traded).

Thanks in advance,
    5P33DY
  2. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    Some do, some don't. It's down to the individual middleman's preference.
  3. Scooty Puff Jr.

Scooty Puff Jr. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34050552
    Also down to how much space they have in their bp at the time. It would be wise to check first as I've had numerous people asking to do bp mms with more items than I can hold so it always ends up scraping the weapons either by themselves or Scrap.tf which adds a lot more time to the mm.
  4. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

indeed, but often a different way to secure it can be established

S = Seller
    B = buyer
    M = MM

B gives MM a unusual, or unusuals or promo's in value of the backpack as "hold" for the transaction.
    S gives B the backpack
    MM awaits payment from B to S before giving back the unusuals or promo's to B

That way, the MM doesn't have to deal with 250+ items, and its still secure...
    Dronefly and VenGanZa like this.
  5. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    You will find few MMs who are happy to do entire backpacks. I have once or twice but it is a real pain, especially when it takes an hour and people don't bother to tip even :).

The idea Datastorm gives of holding something in lieu is excellent!
  6. 5P33DY_1

5P33DY_1 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34156663
    Alrighty, thanks for the replies ^_^

I am trading 271 items, so I'll definitely check out the list and see if any are willing :)