1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198055549861

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Azarjan, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Azarjan

Azarjan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:22937148
    Person In Question; http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055549861/
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scammer's ID
    |steamID: Froobly Swiftah
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:1:47642066
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055549861
    |customURL:
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198055549861
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Description: While this wasn't a trading scam, but something a bit different. I am unsure of how to write this out but will provide any evidence I can if needed. Swiftah, held a raffle on TF2R. (Can be found http://tf2r.com/kezfxu9.html) He proclaimed he would be sending links for a 1ref buy in, me, along with many other curious people paid the buy in and began watching his stream. After many delays and talking he began to enter names, telling us that if we wanted too, we could pay for more spots. After more trading, where he seemed to snag mass amounts of goods. (See pictures below)

More, larger donations, and a screenshot of his BP before it went private
    [​IMG]

This is all early things he received for the raffle.
    [​IMG]

After recieving donations up to that size, he cancelled his tf2r raffle. Claiming that he could not figure out how to end it, and didn't want to fill up the last of the 7 slots. He decided to use Random.org instead as a means of entering and began to receive donations again. After putting in names he told us that one person, LittleBirdy (http://steamcommunity.com/id/DickAlHardonya/ Whose profile is now private and most likely mocking us) Had paid forth an unusual, a Smoking One Man Army (Which was one of the items being raffled). People, noticing the sketchiness began to call it out, and were promptly banned from chat. I backtracked the Hat and was brought to a person completely different than LittleBirdy, showing that the entire donation was a lie, and that nothing had been donated large enough to grant him the 172 entries LittleBirdy was added for.

No LittleBirdy here.
    [​IMG]
    The raffle continued on, and as you would've guessed. LittleBirdy won the raffle, having many more entries than everybody else. Everybody who would call out crap was promptly chat banned and was left to watch.
    He quickly composed himself, gave the "winner" his unusuals, and ended the stream. He has set his BP to private, along with the profile of the winner becoming private after this, and I attempted to confront him about his scamming, only for him to attempt to excuse himself and him defriending me.

Though irrelevant I'll provide a transcript and picture of the chat i had with him after, mind the snarkiness.

[​IMG]
    Also a text transcript
    Code:
     5:08 PM - Azarjan: beautifully done, masterful fake raffle. how much did you manage to scam off the people?
    5:14 PM - Azarjan: man dont ban be in chat, im curious how much you scammed. Steamrep tickets look better when i have your 2 cents
    5:14 PM - Azarjan: it'd be really smart of you to respond before i publish it
    5:14 PM - Froobly Swiftah: What?
    5:14 PM - Froobly Swiftah: ive showed the stream the livestream, me giving it away its not a scam
    5:15 PM - Froobly Swiftah: sir
    5:15 PM - Azarjan: I'm just curious man, if you're going to suck ton of cash away from people then lie to the kids who dont know better
    5:15 PM - Azarjan: you should atleast defend yourself 1v1 with me
    5:15 PM - Froobly Swiftah: Alright  well ive showed you all the proof its gone, ive completed the raffle and its done
    5:15 PM - Azarjan: The birdy guy, the winner. donated an unusual right? the smoking last man
    5:15 PM - Froobly Swiftah: o
    5:15 PM - Froobly Swiftah: No the smoking
    5:15 PM - Froobly Swiftah: that was a mistake
    5:16 PM - Azarjan: Its okay, i make mistakes multiple times too. what did he donate then?
    5:16 PM - Froobly Swiftah: And plus if your so qued in this why dont you tell me i livedstream the whole thing
    5:17 PM - Froobly Swiftah: If i had scammed i would have blocked you by now,  Ive showed yuyou guys me giving it away
    5:17 PM - Froobly Swiftah: what more do you want
    5:17 PM - Azarjan: i want you to tell me what the birdy gave to you, no biggie. im just curious
    5:18 PM - Azarjan: Cause, I have a nice cached and screenshotted version of your backpack.tf page
    5:18 PM - Azarjan: and besides all the stuff you funneled for free from the other kids, there was no donation large enough to grant 173 entries
    5:18 PM - Azarjan: hell there was nothing bigger than a S.F huntsman
    5:19 PM - Azarjan: I even added the guy with the unusual you said birdy donated, and he didnt know what the hell i was talking about
    5:19 PM - Azarjan: So ill be keeping tabs on your profile before i finish my steamrep ticket, so that private profile of yours can stay private forever
    5:19 PM - Azarjan: and the unusuals you gave to your friend stay with him
    5:20 PM - Azarjan: But still, you have my regards. I only donated a ref to watch you rip off these fools, but you did a good job. Sucks everything in your inventory will be untradeable
    5:20 PM - Azarjan: Best regards, good luck
    5:29 PM - Froobly Swiftah is now Offline. 
    Adding most of this up, the private BP, lie about the donation, and quick delivery and end, It is very likely that the entire raffle was a scam, also considering that the winner had been friends with him far earlier than the raffle date.

[​IMG]

If there is anything else you need me to post please tell me, I've never written a report before and attempted to put in as much as I could. Add me on steam if it is relevant please.
    ----
    His channel can be found here http://www.twitch.tv/mrswiftah/old If you go to videos, I am quite sure you can watch a cached version of his stream.
  2. Azarjan

Azarjan New User

Steam:
    Im not sure if I can/how to edit my original post, but here is a picture of the 172 entries given for LittleBirdy.
    [​IMG]
  3. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
  4. Azarjan

Azarjan New User

Steam:
    More evidence, really wish I could edit the OP
    This is the guy who he bought one of the unu he was raffling from, the same unusual that was the "donation" he received to add 172 entries.

[​IMG]
    Pokéman493 likes this.
  5. Davyn

Davyn New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32329790
    I'm going through the recorded video on his twitch account right now. At the beginning he goes surfing through various trade servers to recruit people into his trade. He stated multiple times that this is not the first time he has done a raffle and that he had "raffled for two seasons", using the claim that having 750 views on his Twitch profile warranted his legitimacy.

At 40:10 he is questioned as to what class the unusual hat he plans to raffle is for and he states that it is for all-class, a blatant lie as all five hats he raffled were for a specific class. A few seconds before he explains to the same inquirer his process of the raffle by entering the "tickets" with names on a text document followed by entering them all on http://www.randomizer.org once he had enough viewers on his Twitch channel. He also states that the more refined you pay, the more entrees you will have. (1 refined equaling 1 ticket)
    At 40:25 he states that the effect on the all-class hat is knife-storm, which is a lie as none of the effects on the unusual hats he raffled were Knifestorm.
    I'm unaware of what transpired in the chat box between 00:00 and roughly 01:20 on the Twitch stream, but he seemed to have been referred to use http:/tf2r.com and attempted to use their raffle system for his raffle. He ditched that idea after getting flooded with trades and friend requests and fell back on using a text document and randomizer website. It also allowed him to use his original plan of giving those who paid more multiple entries into the raffle, as tf2r.com allows only one entry per account.
    He quickly became very disorganized blaming it on a crash of his Chrome web browser when attempting to enter everyone's names into the randomizer program. This caused him to need to re-enter all of the information and missed many names of people who bought in into the raffle as well as enter the names of those who did not pay as much more times than they deserved.
    Near the end he began claiming that one "LittleBirdy" traded him an unusual hat that averaged out to the worth of 172 entries in the raffle, equaling out to nearly 70% of the total raffle entrants (247). That provided him with an overwhelming advantage over every other entrant. The problem there in lies that LittleBirdy did not actually trade any unusual hat to Swiftah and the entrants into the raffle were unjustified.
    ----
    The unusual hats that Froobly Swiftah had placed in the raffle on tf2r.com are shown here in his backpack.
    unusual hats.png
    The unusual hats in LittleBirdy's backpack moments after the trade. unusual hats traded.png
    The end results of the raffle. Note the number of entrants and the number of times LittleBirdy's name was entered as shown in Azarjan's image. Of mention, Swiftah also promised a runner-up prize to the 2nd place winner, however his hasty depart from the stream left Bionicfallout confused and by his words in the stream chat he never received anything. Unfortunately the chat was cleared multiple times by moderators covering Swiftah's behind so I was unable to grab a screen-cap of his complaints.
    raffle end.png
    A list of the names that the raffle winner has taken. Note the name "LittleBirdy". It can also be cross-referenced as the same player on Swiftah's friends list by checking here on Steamrep.
    littlebirdy.png
    ----
    I can attempt to provide anything else if need-be, however again due to chat moderator interference, chat logs from the Twitch.tv stream are unavailable.
  6. Davyn

Davyn New User

Steam:
    As far as I can tell, he has removed the recorded stream from today from his channel. I was only able to download the first 30 minutes of the total 2:49:** video unfortunately and he did nothing noteworthy in that time bar a particularly obnoxious sound-check.
  7. briankim726

briankim726 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51936884
    Well, this will be my first post, and hopefully last.

I am probably the biggest victim of this scam as I was the person who 'donated' the S.F. Huntsman, a key and a refined metal. Which adds up to a total of around 13-14 keys + 1 ref. So, while I was watching the livestream, I slowly caught on and expressed my complaint. Once the livestream ended, I added Mr. Swiftah to ask for my S.F. Huntsman back. Here is the conversation:

[​IMG]

Take it as you will, he returned my S.F. Huntsman.
    I am not being biased or anything, this is just what happened to me.
  8. Davyn

Davyn New User

Steam:
    I'm glad you got your item back. You were certainly the one that lost the most in this whole situation. I have not asked for my Milkman hat back since a few minutes after the stream ended, but he certainly did not go out of his way to return it. I have little interest in conversing with him at this point, though, so he may as well keep it.

I do believe that he should be properly reprimanded for this, though, and how he responded verbally doesn't feel to me like he learned his lesson. I hope that he won't attempt this again in the future.
  9. Ace♡

Ace♡ TF2 Raffle House admin Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:4305922
    I investigated this previously and at the very least got him to return all the items (or at least most, I don't know exactly how many people gave items in)[he said some blocked him etc], though he wasn't being very cooperative with me. Here's the full chat I had with him.

http://puu.sh/2E0B8
    http://puu.sh/2E0Bq
    http://puu.sh/2E0BE
    http://puu.sh/2E0BV
    http://puu.sh/2E0C2

I felt all of this was very suspicious, and since he made himself very obvious by making that raffle, I decided to keep watching.
    tl;dr, I was trying to make sure the unusuals didn't immediately get returned to him, though he didn't do anything I asked, really, and still hasn't. Being so adamant about not making your inventory public is extremely suspicious to me. I was planning on writing a report even though I had him return everything, though someone appears to have done so while I was out buying a new phone.

Auhtwoo, one of our moderators, had enough foresight to download the entire video right away.

http://store21.media21.justin.tv/archives/2013-4-20/live_user_mrswiftah_1366482015.flv

Here it is.

Here's also some help Hean gave me.

http://puu.sh/2E0Se.png
  10. Azarjan

Azarjan New User

Steam:
    Though we have nearly an entire page of pictures, I'd like to add the conversation where he add me attempting to apologize and convince me to take it down. Note where he says that he was doing it for a little profit. Pretty much sums it up.

[​IMG]
  11. Trainmon

Trainmon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40285035
    That raffle was ridiculously painful and sloppy through and through. I only threw in about 2 ref of stuff, I had to spend a good solid half hour begging to get in (he ignored/blocked me when I sent a friend request too early, and ignored my posts in his stream). He said that I was the last buy in, but then probably traded with at least 5-6 other people. It started getting really odd when the raffle entries were being put in based on entry amount, because the numbers he gave each person didn't even add up; I got 3 entries for 2 ref, the person with the S Huntsman only got 40 entries (despite it should've been more like 60-65), and then Little Bird got 173 (for the controversial/impossible unusual) when it was said more than once he was getting 117 or so. Even when he drew out the results, there were still complaints in chat about improper numbers on at least 2-3 people. Whether or not this whole charade was a scam (I'm really not sure), this was terribly planned and even worse in execution.

One thing that was bothering me the whole time, was on whether the raffle was all to 1 or 5 different winners, but in asking in the stream, the only response was other chat members reassuring me that it was 5 winners. So when I got 5th place, I was at first elated because I was confident I had won an unusual, maybe the worst one, but still, I've never had one. So when it was said that LittleBird won all the hats, even when the other raffles were one a piece, I was really upset.

Things really got heated when people started being suspicious on LittleBird, I think most people didn't mind his big stake at first because it seemed we had a chance (and maybe we did), but the jump to threats of reporting for scamming was quick, and it seemed many started following their accounts to keep tabs on their activities. It really didn't help matters when they started changing names and turned their backpacks and accounts private.

All the while, the stream chat is seething at all the miscommunication, and rightly so, we all had reasonable doubt that the whole thing was a scam. Swiftah's friend who was moderating the channel started deleting people's comments, during which I wrote out a slightly lengthy post telling my opinion that most of the problem was in how crudely the whole endeavor took place, as well as the fact they never even fully clarified how the raffle worked. Almost right after, my post gets deleted, and I get banned from the chat for 10 minutes, I wait the 10 minutes, try to talk again, and get banned again. Really not the best attitude to take when being confronted with scamming.

I had actually left my chat with Swiftah open from earlier, so I confronted him and asked for my stuff back. He was decent enough to give them back (Entry fee and refund), but he really didn't seem remorseful or embarrassed with the state of how things turned out. I then made one final statement that I at least got my refund on the stream chat (hopefully leading the way for others to get there stuff back), and told them that I wouldn't even think of doing anything around them again.

My personal opinion on whether this was a scam, the likely fact that LittleBird was given free/fibbed entries, the ambiguity of whether it was all to 1 or 1 to 5 (entries, since people's names could be in the top 5 more than once), and all the name changing and hiding really makes the whole thing suspicious. The lack of response besides being overly defensive really don't help his case either.

TL;DR: It was a sloppily made raffle that I "almost" won a part of. I got refunded, but the winner likely didn't even pay for entry (even with about 173 of ~230-250 entries).
  12. Gamma032

Gamma032 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42303924
    If his intentions was indeed to scam, why would he live-stream it all instead of using traditional raffle scamming techniques? To me it just seems to be a big mess of poor organisation and perhaps a scam.
  13. Ace♡

Ace♡ TF2 Raffle House admin Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:4305922
    If you watch the recording, he didn't even stream his whole desktop; it was always centered to one window. He clearly had no idea what he was doing, and whether he was scamming or he was trying to legitimately raffle something, he was doing an awful job on both parts.

What is important here is that the claim of an entered unusual was false and doesn't add up to all the evidence. I assume had his friend not won by the random generator, he would have made some excuse to not give up the prizes.
    Pokéman493 and Trainmon like this.
  14. gencobra

gencobra Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:31047928
    Steam:
  15. JJJJ

JJJJ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31380005
    Thanks for the report.
  16. gencobra

gencobra Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    Ex post facto notes (I hope I'm using the phrase correctly)
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**