1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Got scammed, but payed without gift option. How do I go about getting my money back?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by dasjoker, May 11, 2013.

1. dasjoker

dasjoker New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25854268
    as in the topic Got scammed, but payed without gift option. How do I go about getting my money back?
    is it easy to chargeback? do i need to proof anything?
  2. Scooty Puff Jr.

Scooty Puff Jr. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34050552
    Eoj Nawoh likes this.
  3. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    The "option" you choose to send funds with is not a concern as such. Just proceed with normal chargeback procedures and provide the info asked of you.
    Dronefly likes this.
  4. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    I agree with VenGanZa on this. Although it is harder to get a fast "chargeback" on gifted option the procedure is quite the same and over the last 2 years Paypal has taken leaps and bounds towards digital content sales knowing very well that these days people do LOTS of digital goods exchanges that do not provide physical goods. As a result if you use the chargeback option on something that was MEANT to be a sale they will more likely give you the funds back as there is no proof of product delivery. This method DOES take longer as they require a certain amount of "reasonable" time to pass before honoring a chargeback but at least you are more likely to have a positive outcome this way. With the gifted option your "story" of selling goods better be backed up with SOLID evidence that this was a transaction (They DO frown on the fact that you did not pay the transaction handling fees so they sometimes, especially repeat report filers, decline the claims if the evidence isn't iron clad).