1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

SCAMMER PWNED

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Dronefly, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pintend

Pintend New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:18565370
    Wow, double posting really sucks eh?

May I ask another question, if you are SO PROUD of scamming a scammer, why gloat this crap in our faces? Most of us dont want to hear it.

It's like some douche won a MLG tournament and gloated about it to everyone.
  2. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    SteamRep isn't in favor of vigilantism, it's the last thing we want. You did the wrong thing and broke the rules.

There should be no further arguying
  3. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    So now that your opinion is known perhaps you should leave the rest of us that ARE interested in talking about this topic alone and we can continue our discussion.

Your "commie" vigilante

(wow it amazes me how ignorant some people REALLY are)

THE RUSKIE!
  4. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    No one is here is interested in arguing with you. Mattie's decision is final and your appeal was denied. There's unfortunately nothing you can do at this point. I was on your side at first, but now you've just proven that you're just here for the recognition as someone who tried to do something good. Your decision to post it here was selfish, no matter what you say your intentions were. If you wouldn't have posted it here, no one would have known about it, and you could have possibly continued doing whatever you want. It's 100% your own fault for everything that happened here. Don't start talking about how something should be done about scammers and all that, we're not interested in a method that involves scamming other scammers, no matter what the reason is.

I don't know how you haven't realized after 6 pages of discussion with other admins that we can't help you.

Bottom line, you scammed, you deal with it.
  5. Spyromancer

Spyromancer New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37815818
    Dronefly, stop. Just stop. You've already proven you can't read, and yet you insist that we show you the respect of reading what you have to say. A mature professional (sic) such as yourself shouldn't be throwing tantrums worthy of a two year old, let alone expect people to applaud him for it.
    It's been said before, but this problem extends BEYOND WHAT YOU DID. AS AN EXPERIENCED TRADER, YOU SET AN EXAMPLE FOR THE NEWBIE TRADERS. IF THEY SEE THAT SCAMMING SCAMMERS IS OKAY, THEY WILL REPEAT THE ACTION, WITHOUT NECESSARILY DOING THE REQUIRED RESEARCH. THIS WILL RESULT IN INNOCENT TRADERS BEING INADVERTENTLY SCAMMED BASED ON FALSE ACCUSATIONS. THAT IS WHY VIGILANTISM IS NOT ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR. PLEASE STOP MAKING A MARTYR OUT OF YOURSELF WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHY WHAT YOU DID WAS WRONG.
    The moment you process and begin applying that information is the moment you can begin to be taken seriously. As of now, your opinion is less thought out than a two year old's tantrum.
  6. Dronefly

Steam:

You are not answering my question. I clearly stated that I do not care for the tag of vigilante. I asked why no one covered my request in the appeal of "trading with a scammer". If I had permission from the person who filed the report to proceed what ground is there for you to put that comment on my account. I am not saying that what I did was the right solution. I do NOT know what the right solution is. I am saying that until this matter is addressed I feed that this is the only course of action left for me to take. I posted this topic to let everyone know that I am sick and tired of the increase in scams and I won't stand for it. If you worry about people acting in the way I have perhaps you all need to discuss what causes this to happen and what needs to be done to counter the ALARMINGLY INCREASE RATE OF SCAMMERS ON THE MARKET (sorry for the caps but I'm trying to focus on the point I am trying to bring to light). Why do you constantly revert to the fact that a decision has been made and is final on the fact that I scammed a scammer. I ACKNOWLEDGE I FORCEFULLY TOOK ITEMS VIA A METHOD OF DECEPTION FROM A SCAMMER. How much clearer do I need to make that. Let's get past that point and focus on why I did what I did to begin with. Is not one here brave enough or focused enough on the real concern here? Do I need to start writing scam scripts that automate what I do to defraud ALL scammers in your database? I can do that or hire someone to do that for quite the affordable amount of money. Do I need to start a new forum and invite everyone who feels as I do to that forum? What do I need to do that will get enough people interested to stop the growing epidemic? Why is it that I can no longer trade in peace. Why do I have to scare off people with all the constant and increasing security measures I have to put up JUST to be able to trade with someone legitimate? Let us know. Just because I speak alone here and do not have enough people writing here to support my requests, doesn't mean it's not there. I have had SO MANY friend requests where people simply added me to comment (in private and in confidentiality) how they support what I did and agree with me. People are too scared to voice their concern because they worry that the power they gave you guys here in steam rep to scare customers off with a simply trading tag will hinder their free will and free speech. Especially after you decided that I deserve to be tagged. You just scared all these people right back under the rocks they have been hiding. You are not listening to the community you brought here to protect because you are too worried that enough of us want to make a change. I am not talking revolution or dillusions of grandeur. I am simply talking get focused on the topic and be open to your opinions. No one deserves to be branded a "scammer" or "trading with a scammer" just because you branded it wrong. Perhaps you should evaluate the level or warning you have. Perhaps something like "KNOWINGLY TRADING WITH A SCAMMER" is different the "KNOWINGLY TRADING WITH A SCAMMER FOR PERSONAL BENEFIT" which is why the cationary tag came to fruition to begin with. The reason it is frowned upon is because they offer cheap under market items at an attempt to quickly cash out. Clearly shown when the scammer was willing to give me a free "bills" if I simply paid him full market value on the 2 scammed buds. Had I agreed to this sort of trade then I deserve the tag. Anyways. I am getting into another topic which is not what I wanted to bring up here in the first place.

Why is everyone here so bent up on me looking for recognition for my actions. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR RECOGNITION, I am looking for a change in your outdated methods of thinking and enforcing rules. Everything you guys have put forth as rules had a good sound reason for being put into place. But it doesn't seem to be updated when updating them is warranted.
  7. Dronefly

Steam:
    Perhaps if the more seasoned veterans in the community started caring about the noobs instead of worrying only on how to keep themselves "up to date" with the scams and how to avoid them (the passive approach) then this action would not be necessary. There is no proactive approach from Steam. The have no formal tutorial that is kept up to date and pointed to when people open the trade request. They only have how to use the system and that is it. We need to do this and we need to teach the noobs how to avoid scammers. If we did that, there would be less scammers because the efforts they would have to go through to "devise" a new scam would eliminate 90%+ (this is a wild estimate) of the current scammers. including the idiot who traded me while being clearly marked scammer and trying to do business with me (Had he seen my pack and my hours on and did the slightest reasearch to read my rep thread he would know that I would check him out and find out he was a scammer). BUT, because no one works to educate the noobs then they simply fall pray to any moron that says to himself: "they wont do anything to me. im gonna go scam someone" and do it because there are no preventative proactive measures in place. Not ONCE did I preach that others should do what I did. Not ONCE did I say that what I did was the solution to the problem. FROM THE BEGINNING my statement was "lets fight back scammers" and "we need to discuss how to do this because no one is doing anything about it".
  8. Dronefly

Steam:
    I ruined my rep to help a scammed noob. I did it because its the right thing to do and we need to help the noobs become seasoned veterans. If we can't be bothered to help them then more people will resort to scamming because they see a community of "each for themselves" instead of a tightly bonded community of people who care and want to help. I can't write it in simpler more to the point words.

How many sharks and scammer do we all have to defrauded by before we become veterans. You ALL post in your responses "I've been scammed 3 times", "I've been scammed xx times myself so I DO have experience..." (not exact quotes) but none of you has ever posted "I've never been scammed before". Does that seem that this system is working? Does that make sense that it's acceptable to have been scammed? I don't accept that and I don't see how you can.
  9. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    Why don't you name us some rules that need to be "changed" instead of writing these novels insulting SR.
  10. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    I've never been scammed.
  11. Dronefly

Steam:
    I am not insulting SR. If I wouldve had beef with SR I wouldnt even come here and talk to you guys. I wouldnt care WHAT you would put on my name in this forum. I am talking about the community as a whole. SR is by far the most forward forum on the matter of scammers. I didn't go to the morons at SourceOP because their actions are to simply ban me without even giving me a fair chance to speak my mind. I am talking about the steam forums and all the othe places that us traders try to get together and trade in peace.
  12. Dronefly

Steam:
    I honestly am convinced that you are on e of the few out there that can say that.
  13. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    Cliff notes for this thread for people new to it.

- Guy comes to SR saying he scammed a scammer
    - Guy gets marked with a caution by SR.
    - Guy gets butthurt and starts insulting SR and community admins in walls of text.
    - Guy repeats last step over and over

You're now fully up to date.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  14. Dronefly

Steam:
    and once again you prove your stupidity. I have asked you nicely twice to mind your own business if you have nothing creative to post here. I see how good of an admin you are.
  15. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    I'm a community admin. It is my business. You don't have to be a nice guy to be a great guy. I'm a dick, and I've come to terms with that. I really couldn't give less s✿✿✿s about what you think of me :)

Bottom line is. Scamming a scammer is still scamming. I don't care what your reasons are, you pose a threat to the community for reasons you don't care to understand.

Oh and I believe you meant constructive, not creative. If you did mean creative, how about a story?

Guy meets girl, girl realises the guy is about to drug her, so she runs and gets a friend to drug him instead. The end. Moral of the story is 2 wrongs don't make a right.
  16. Dronefly

Steam:
    You don't seem to grasp in your angry little world what I am saying. I DON'T CARE ABOUT HOW YOU JUDGE ME AND WHAT TAG YOU WANT TO GIVE ME. I also don't care what the opinions of a mad angry guy behind a keyboard who thinks being a douche is acceptable. Your picture shows exactly who you are and how you have always been picked on and bullied in real life. You are too cowardly to act in real life so you hide behind your keyboard and pretend to be the keyboard warrior who can go around and shout stupidity just so people will hear what he has to say. You THRIVE for the "imaginary" power that the title gives you. In the end of the day, when you walk away from the keyboard and look at yourself in the mirror you still can't figure out why you are ashamed in the reflection you look at. It is very sad as I have seen many of your kind spiraling into depression and even worse. I only hope you wake up one day and realize that you need to fix your personal life problems before you try to take control of other's online virtual lives which are nothing more then a way to waste some free time for the rest of us.

I am done with you and your dumb comments. I think the only foolish person here is the one that keeps writing ignorant comments and regurgetating how I did wrong even though I have clearly come out from the very first time and admitted my actions are something I am proud of and am not scared to be judged for them. If you can't read the rest of the thread, then read this message:

GROW UP AND BECOME A MAN. STOP ACTING LIKE A DOUCHE.
  17. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    Not mad. I find it funny.

Also, you're totally right about real life for me. I totally live in a basement and don't have a job. I'm totally not in my 6th year of university. I'm just another mad keyboard warrior. You really hit the nail on the head buddy. You should rename this thread to admin PWND!

I stand behind my cliff notes. You're as much of an a✿✿✿✿✿✿ as me, but I admit I am. You claim to be part of the solution, but you've created more problems. Glad I've banned you from UTC. You're not welcome there.
  18. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    If you guys have some problems, I suggest PM'ing yourselves instead of arguing here.

And unlike UTC, you're welcome in my community. I have no reason to ban you.

http://forums.acefortress.com/
  19. Pintend

Pintend New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:18565370
    Btw, I was joking with that but I think other people above have already said enough to see why you're a complete idiot.
  20. Dronefly

Steam:
    So it seems that I am banned from UTC which I have never ONCE frequented nor do I have ANY interest in the unusual "shark infested" community. So now that this is settled goodbye angry guy. As I suspected you haven't lived one day in the real world. I pity you once the real world comes and PUMMELS your utopian beliefs (We all were there one time or another).Every day life is full of SO MANY more sharks and scammers then this trading community. You wait and see when it happens to you. You will one day wake up, and realize your back end is sore. You will then reflect on your utopian beliefs and how following them just got you in so over your head you will wonder how you ever ended up in the shithole of a life you will be in. Trust me. I have been working in the real world for the last 17 years. I have graduated with honours and have had 4 career changes including owning my own business. And one thing I learned is that if you don't step up and protect your own, you will be left out to the sharks and you will be an open target to all the bad things out there. Hope you remember to reflect back on your dumb ignorant attitude when one day you hit that inevitable brick wall that all ignorant / idealistic cocky bastards such as yourself hit. I'm done.

I apologize in advance to everyone for going so off topic and letting this silly kid get me so off topic. No more discussion of Chaos and his silly remarks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.