1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198326720039 - (jC hellcase.com csgolive.com / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by jC Cs, Jul 18, 2017.

1. jC Cs

jC Cs Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:183227155
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198326720039 (jC hellcase.com csgolive.com)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    I have no alternate accounts​

Appeal description:
    I completely admit to scamming, but I do not think that I was completely in the wrong. The guy (I forgot his name) came to me offering paypal for my items. We negotiated awhile, but he seemed to agree to any price I said. I said $47.5 in paypal for my inventory, and at the time it was only worth $40. This was an immediate red flag, considering I have been scammed in the past for a gut knife vanilla. He then said that I would have to go first, or I would give him half of my cs:go inventory, and then he would send the offer, and then I would give him the other half of my inventory. Another red flag, considering he could take my items and run. I said no, but he kept on trying for about another 15 minutes, saying things like "i'm trying to help you." I decided to take a look at his friends list, and this guy, Dalarin http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198273523808 was on there. There were also several other people with very sketchy looking profiles. This was the part when I made the worst decision in my cs:go career. I told the guy that he would have to give me a key for trust, and I ran off with it. I hope you can believe my story, because I have no evidence because I deleted the chat. All that I want is for my steamrep ban to get reduced to suspicious, and as soon as I find him,
    I will give him items that are worth a key, because I traded it off.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You admit to scamming but the appeal reason you selected is some kind of mistake? Does not add up.
    What would an average user do in such a situation? Scam or simply not go through with the trade?
    SR, by policy does not grant RWC related offenses and at present time you have not repaid. In addition, SR views scamming a scammer as still scamming and still subject to the same policies as other users, the user btw, is not tagged a scammer making your argument even that much worse.

Ill give you a single reply to explain to me why I should not deny this appeal outright, It better include screens of repayment and repayment chat with the user as well (per evidence/screenshot policy)
  3. jC Cs

jC Cs Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    I apologize for not being very clear on the appeal. First of all, the reason I said it was some kind of mistake was that I that I thought scamming a scammer was something different. (I still am not sure whether or not he was in fact trying to scam me.) The reason I scammed him is because originally I just said no, but then he kept asking for about 5-10 more minutes. Also, I dislike scammers (even though technically I am one now), and I thought that that was the way to make it right, but I was very wrong. About paying him back, I am trying my best to find him, and since it is only one post, I don't really have a choice.
    Update: gave him an Aug camillion factory new which is worth about a key. Also, the reason I don't have a screenshot of the actual trade is that I'm on my phone, but I'd you want I can go onto my computer and show the screenshot. (There is no trade screen on steam mobile that I could find.)
  4. jC Cs

jC Cs Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    I apologize for not being very clear on the appeal. First of all, the reason I said it was some kind of mistake was that I that I thought scamming a scammer was something different. (I still am not sure whether or not he was in fact trying to scam me.) The reason I scammed him is because originally I just said no, but then he kept asking for about 5-10 more minutes. Also, I dislike scammers (even though technically I am one now), and I thought that that was the way to make it right, but I was very wrong. About paying him back, I am trying my best to find him, and since it is only one post, I don't really have a choice.
    Update: gave him an Aug camillion factory new which is worth about a key. Also, the reason I don't have a screenshot of the actual trade is that I'm on my phone, but I'd you want I can go onto my computer and show the screenshot. (There is no trade screen on steam mobile that I could find.)

U can check our inventories he got the camillion and I don't have it.

Attached Files:

5. jC Cs

jC Cs Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    [sorry forgot to put the screenshots in the first post.
  6. jC Cs

jC Cs Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Sorry for the double monitor.

Attached Files:

7. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Really? Its clear you dont understand YOU were in the wrong. I cant grant such an appeal.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**