1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198218059071 - (Aidxn / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by AidxN - Cashed out, Sep 25, 2017.

1. AidxN - Cashed out

AidxN - Cashed out Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:128896671
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198218059071 (Aidxn)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    | steamname: Lolaidd
    | steam3ID: [U:1:355828504]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:177914252
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198316094232
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/aidxnn2
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198316094232

Appeal description:
    Recently, I was banned on SteamREP due to a false report submitted by myself upon a user that goes by the name of Dopamine Receptors.

I doctored evidence and submitted false evidence with a false accusation. I am guilty and remorseful, but I shall explain my actions to the best of my ability.

The victim and I used to be friends on Steam, and after a series of disputes, we fell out and removed each other on steam. We were friends here for multiple months, and knew various things about each other. When we fell out, he began commenting personal and hurtful things on my profile, and I wanted to get him back.

I knew he checked SteamRep when seeing if someone was trustworthy or not, so I thought reporting him here would really anger him.

I never thought that my report would actually get accepted, yet when I checked back to my report the next day he was banned. Upon the time of making the report, I was not aware of your fake report policy and only made the report because I was angry at the time.

When I learned about the fake report policy it was already too late, as the report had been accepted and I knew that I would get banned if anyone knew it was fake. This is why I maintained the lie until I confessed it to your member of staff, "Lava".

I am remorseful for my actions and will never do this again. I didn't think that this entire storm would come from a report out of spite, but here we are. I will never do this again, and feel that a permanent SteamRep ban is a fair punishment for someone that committed an offence such as mine. Hopefully you can see that I am deeply sorry, and nothing like this will happen again.

Essentially, I reported someone on here to get back at an old friend to annoy him, yet it escalated beyond anything I thought. I am better aware of your policies now, and realize the true extent of the fraud that I committed.

Thanks for reading. If you choose not to unban me I completely understand as I did commit the crime that you convicted me of, but hopefully you can see I have had a change of heart and that I would never even consider doing something like this again.​
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Not only did you cause an innocent user to be tagged (which once we went back over the report some red flags started coming up) .. you wasted MY time..which I find very valuable and such time took away from the work I do here that addresses TRUE scammers and those users that were really scammed or had REAL scam attempts on them.
    Just very sad...
  3. AidxN - Cashed out

AidxN - Cashed out Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:128896671
    Genuinely, I apologise for wasting your time. I know what I did was immature and immoral. Despite the fact I most likely will be stuck with this tag forever, I want you to know I'm sorry for taking time away from legitimate cases that actually matter.

The one member of your staff team which I had a one-to-one conversation with was very professional so I can only assume the rest of you are too.

I deserve this tag, but you didn't deserve to have your time wasted. For this, I apologise.
  4. Dopamine Receptors

Dopamine Receptors New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:103461731
    you tried to abuse their system and were trying to get away with it. you are sorry that you got caught and banned, you aren't sorry about wasting their time. lava spent multiple hours asking for specific screenshots in this investigation. these hours could have been used to find real scammers.
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Denied, you lied to SR, no way to prove you are not lying now.