1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198118128392 - (˖✧Boinker Numnut✧* / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by ˖✧Boinker Numnut✧*, Jan 14, 2018.

1. ˖✧Boinker Numnut✧*

˖✧Boinker Numnut✧* Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:78931332
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198118128392 (˖✧Boinker Numnut✧*)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    There are no accounts.​

Appeal description:
    I did not commit any offenses whatsoever on Steam to get banned on SteamRep. I was hijacked by a person claiming to be someone named Shubbler, and was started by another scammer claiming someone to be Business Sloth (impersonator account here: steamcommunity.com/id/ery555) and brought me to the Shubbler impersonator (i lost the scammer's link) who then proceeded to put my items in a "item database" who deleted the items or traded it to the scammer. Then, the Shubbler impersonator put me in a private chat and asked for my username, password, and my Steam authenticator code. So, I followed, and he claimed to "search" my most valuable items, and decided to take control of my account a few minutes later. A day later, Steam Support changed the account password to a string of numbers, and as it turns out, I didn't lose any items, but just the items that were deleted. I am completely sorry about what happened, and I'll try to avoid it.

As for my brother, DatSoldiersASpy, he did not do anything related to the fraud, so I reccomend that you unban him too, as he had no action in the fraud.

Thank you, and hopefully you unban me soon.
    ~Boinker Numnut​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Knowingly giving out your account credentials is NOT considered a hijacking.
    You also failed to disclose alts per appeal tips #7, on that same note, no 3rd party appeals.
  3. ˖✧Boinker Numnut✧*

˖✧Boinker Numnut✧* Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:78931332
    Oh, and yeah, I also forgot the Steam Support screenshots, here you go.

Attached Files:

4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    After a review of the report/taking into account the appeal, I am unable to consider this appeal.
    You failed to address the points I previously brought up, in addition, we do not accept cropped screenshots.
    Once again, knowingly giving out your account credentials is NOT considered a hijacking for SR appeals sake. This point is reaffirmed by the (otherwise invalid) ticket you yourself provided as what happened.
    Ref: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/ #19 and https://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/ (appeals section, 10th bullet)
    In addition, Valve has implemented account safeguards to prevent items from being transferred by untrusted(new) devices for a period of weeks and requires separate verification, your story does not match up with how steam actually works.

A defense of a hijacking cannot be made for this appeal (the act was willful/knowingly). Since this is the main basis of your case, I am denying the appeal.