1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198093257862 - (Dub™ / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Dub™, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Dub™

Dub™ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:66496067
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198093257862 (Dub™)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    The fact that i was banned for a trade offer (that i did not send out) for an item that costs probably a dollar or two back in 2016 is absolutely hilarious, i clearly mentioned that i had no idea who the person was as we had no mutuals apart from Modurist who designed my e-sports team (Anubis Gaming) logo. I had also clearly mentioned that i am one of the admins of the Bangladeshi CS:GO/Dota2 Anti-Scamming Committee which would be easily checked if someone joins the CS:GO group of Bangladesh, Dota 2 group of Bangladesh and Bangladesh Dota 2 Trade. If i had the intention of scamming anyone, you would not see one, but many reports under my name and yet here we are. At the time of this accusation, i had a $1k inventory which makes the whole this even more ridiculous.

Please do keep in mind, its clearly stated that there was absolutely no interaction with this person nor any exchanges of items therefore i have no idea as to why this so called "attempted scam" would've made it to a point where i would get banned.​
  2. Dub™

Dub™ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    for what its worth, you could go through my profile and see that i have a number of reps on my comment section
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    After a review of the report/taking into account the appeal, I am unable to consider this appeal.
    You acknowledge your account sent the user the trade offer in question, you are responsible for your account at all times, that is Valves stance and that is SRs stance. You also mentioned in the report you never contacted Valve over the incident. Unfortunately, without a support ticket backing up your claim, you have no way to show/prove to us your claim. In addition, Valve has implemented account safeguards to prevent items from being transferred by untrusted(new) devices for a period of weeks and requires separate verification (meaning this is only plausible if it were an irl hijacking, something impossible to prove). Leaving a computer unattended as you claim happened is still your responsibility and not considered a hijacking for SR appeals sake. It is basically a "my bro did it" defense and you lack any personal responsibility for it. (and this is all assuming you are not a scammer trying to get out of being tagged)

Appeal denied.
  4. Dub™

Dub™ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    i acknowledged that my account sent the user a trade offer AFTER it was reported on steamrep and the person left a comment on my profile linking the steamrep complaint.
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Forgot to move thread, my bad.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**