1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198143012385 - (Typhon / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by ★GlaDiaTor★, Sep 8, 2019.

1. ★GlaDiaTor★

★GlaDiaTor★ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:91373328
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198143012385 (Typhon)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I don't have any alternative Steam accounts​

Appeal description:
    My account was hijacked back in 2015 and I didn't have control over it for about 2-3 months. When my account was hijacked, there was about $50 in items in my tf2 inventory. The hijacker used my main account and (I guess?) his main account (now classified as my alt account on my ban:76561198249623968) to scam plenty of people, with I am assuming the technique, that was described in the 2 reports from the people who got scammed. The final item I can see in my trade history was an Unusual Soldier's Slope Scopers with the morning glory effect. He then proceeded to trade this unusual to a tf2bet.com bot, which I found out used to be a big gambling site back in 2015. That is the last notable trade I can see in my trade history. Even after he traded the unusual to the bot he actually had control of my account for about another month, but I can't see anything malicious done at this time.

At this time, I wasn't using Steam because our computer was broken and even before our computer broke I didn't play a lot of video games. Don't remember why I stopped, I was probably just tired of tf2, which was at the time pretty much the only video game I played. The only thing I did was check in on my Steam app on my phone, every few weeks or so. I personally didn't notice anything weird, but I really wasn't looking for anything special, just check in and see if there were any new invites or stuff like that.

I got a new computer just about 3 weeks after the trade to the tf2bet.com bot. That is when I opened Steam after about 4 months of not using it, and to be honest, at first I didn't notice anything special. It was when I checked my inventory and saw that my $50 of items were missing is when I got worried. I then proceeded to check my trade history. I saw pages of trade history that I didn't have a clue about. I was shocked. At first, I didn't know what was going on, because at the time I wasn't aware that my account was hijacked. I also at first didn't suspect that it was hijacked, because why would someone hijack my account and then proceed to trade and trade until he just suddenly disappeared.​
  2. ★GlaDiaTor★

Steam:
    I am sorry, I mistakingly already sent the appeal when I was still typing it. I will just finish my story here.

Then I went ahead and checked my bp.tf profile and saw that I was banned. This confused me even more. From bp.tf I was given a link to the SR report which I then proceeded to read. I was shocked I had no idea what was going on. It took me about a week to put all the pieces together but then I realized what happened. Someone hijacked my account, so he/she could scam people without the worry of their account being suspected. I don't know why he sent the final item to tf2bet.com, presumably to trade for it to his main without actually directly trading it.

Then I got in contact with steam support and I got my account back, sadly they couldn't return my items as well but I was still happy and I felt safer. I actually wasn't banned on SR until like 4 years later. I got banned on steam rep 78 days ago, for an offense the hijacker did 4 years ago. After I got my account back I didn't appeal because I couldn't, I wasn't even banned. So now that I got banned on SR I am appealing. After I got banned on bp.tf I just proceeded to trade on trade servers and so on because I could still do all that stuff and at the time I actually didn't even now about classified listings, so it didn't bother me that much that I was banned on there. I have included screenshots of my trade history in this comment.

Hopefully, I will get rightfully unbanned because I am innocent.

Attached Files:

3. ★GlaDiaTor★

Steam:
    Some more screenshots

Attached Files:

4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    If you are claiming hijack, you must provide proof.
  5. ★GlaDiaTor★

Steam:
    What kind of proof can I provide?
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    Steam support ticket showing you recovered your account,.
  7. ★GlaDiaTor★

Steam:
    Here is my ticket
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, Valve (Automatic)).**
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    We do not accept cropped screenshots and the ticket is incomplete.
    Please give exact dates (or as best you can) to when you lost your account and when you regained your account.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  9. ★GlaDiaTor★

Steam:
    It's hard to say exactly when I lost my account but I would guess mid to late January.
    I regained my account on the 13th of April 2015.
  10. You Are The One

Steam:
    You also need to provided the ticket as already requested.
  11. ★GlaDiaTor★

Steam:
    I did provide the ticket. Should I provide the response as well?
  12. You Are The One

Steam:
  13. ★GlaDiaTor★

Steam:
    This is the full screenshot. There is only my response missing, which is just me thanking Steam Support.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, Valve (Automatic)).**
  14. You Are The One

Steam:
    Ticket you provided predates the offense by seven months, absolutely not proof of anything related to the offense, been a week and nothing submitted by you is valid, will only give an additional 4 days to provide proof.
  15. ★GlaDiaTor★

Steam:
    Hidden Content:
    I am sorry, the ticket I provided earlier is a totally different hijack that happened to me, months earlier. Here is the ticket regarding the scam.
  16. You Are The One

Steam:
    ticket must be uncropped.
  17. ★GlaDiaTor★

Steam:
    Here is the uncropped screenshot

Hidden Content:
  18. ★GlaDiaTor★

Steam:
    Hello, I was just wondering when I'll get a response? Its been over a week, I'm not trying to rush you or anything though, just curious.
  19. ★GlaDiaTor★

Steam:
    Still no response? I am sorry if I am rushing you but now it's been nearly a month since your last response and I am just wondering when you'll reply. Thanks!
  20. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Be patient.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**