1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198134746536 - (shopping list: 1 cucumber, lube / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by fta cnut, Jul 22, 2020.

1. fta cnut

fta cnut Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:87240404
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198134746536 (shopping list: 1 cucumber, lube)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I dont have any alt accounts.​

Appeal description:
    I fell for the festive/vized scam (my trade history is in the screenshot) to an actual scammer. He offered me 3 strange festivized scatterguns claiming they were festive, (for my hat worth 25 keys) and that they were worth 48 keys, which would be correct if they were festive. It was my first encounter with a scam like that, so I accepted it. Then I immediately wanted to buy a hat actually worth 48 keys for those scatterguns, I sent out multiple trade request to hats I wanted, and went to play tf2, and whoever accepted first, would get the scatterguns. Then in the next 10 minutes, i receive multiple messages calling me a scammer. I of course was confused, and then i took a closer look at the scatterguns and realized they were festivized. I sent an apology to all the people i offered these scatterguns, but even after i apologized, one person still decided to report me on steamrep. I was never planning on scamming anyone, if one of the trades went through and the person explained to me that they were not festive, i wouldve given the items back, and im not a scammer, my profile is public and you can leave comments. Im sorry for this misunderstanding and i hope you can lift the trade ban on backpack.tf and other sites. But it's kinda crazy that one person with 1 screenshot of a 'scam' attempt and no proof of me ever scamming anyone, can get me banned from trading, i must say.​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You explicitly called them festive and priced them at 48 keys, you sent the offers that you had to double check/verify before sending, that is 100% on you, ignorance is not an excuse, this is a scam, irrelevant of what happened before.

Firmly denied.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**