1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198072601232 - (Indian JEsus / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Indian Jesus, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Indian Jesus

Indian Jesus Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56167752
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198072601232 (Indian JEsus)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    none​

Appeal description:
    Well It happened 2611 days ago i guess when i was still young had no job wanted unusuals did some bad things and attempted to scam someone to get what I wanted. Well I guess i grew up, stopped doing things like this and yeah i finally got back wanting to play some games and trade and what I did so many years back still stayed I guess karma's a b✿✿✿✿ huh hahaha well I want to start over again and use platforms like scrap.tf I am not innocent i admit to attempting to scam someone many years ago but because of how long ago it was I do not remember what it was about most likely a hat or buds? I hope to hear from you soon I guess! Hope it goes well! :)
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Wanting to use "sites" is not a reason to consider an appeal for. And attempted to scam someone? you attempted multiple times. Why, actually why, should the appeal be considered?
  3. Indian Jesus

Steam:
    Well to be frank it shouldn't considering what I did before but as there was not any victims that I can compensate. I don't see how I can compensate. I can only say that I am trying to get back in the game and being listed as a scammer hinders me in a sense whereby I cant use some sites. It happened when I was really young and foolish had no income but with greed to want those hats I attempted to scam. I hope that my appeal will be considered and I can guarantee that I will not do such things again. It happened so long ago. No excuses from me I admit to what I did. Hoping for a second chance. Really applaud what you guys have set up to ensure the community is safe and list scammers like me up. If appeal does not go through, are there like probationary periods whereby if I stay clean trading for a certain duration it will be lifted?
  4. Indian Jesus

Steam:
    I do feel really bad when I'm antagonized by those who do not have tags. And when joining trade servers not even to trade just to chill and have some fun I'd have the SCAMMER tag, and with being restricted to community sites really hinders me in the game. I truly repent and hope that I will receive a chance to make up what I did. Regardless being an active contributor by reporting scam when I see them, etc. I know I attempted it multiple times, everyone makes mistakes in their lives. No one is perfect, that includes me I did something truly unforgivable when I was young and I hope that I am given a chance to make up for my mistakes by being a good guy in the team fortress 2 community. Helping others grow and learn together making new friends that play the game as well. Will attempt to contact the 2 that have reported me to apologise for them sincerely. As it happened more than 7 years ago not sure whether they are still on steam often will keep the page updated! Cheers!
  5. Indian Jesus

Steam:
    Hi You Are The One, I went back to check on the victims that I attempted to scam but it turns out that they are the identical case just reported twice by a friend who was horrified with regards to this case. Hope to clear it up! FYI Have a really pleasant day ahead!
  6. Indian Jesus

Steam:
    When I attempted to contact the person i attempted to scam back in 2013, to apologise for my wrongdoings. He was not online since Sep,2020 and I am unable to contact him. Its almost been a month since I have attempted to contact him. No replies from the forum and have seen that is has not been online for now.
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    I have removed the duplicate report from your profile as it appears to be from the same offense.

Once again, wanting to use "sites" is NOT a reason for an appeal to be considered, I told you that in my first reply and you brought it up again.

You may add me on steam to discuss.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  8. Indian Jesus

Steam:
    I have added you on steam for further discussion.
  9. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a review, due to the low skill level attempt, age at the time of offense, time tagged, no additional issues reported since, I am granting you an exceedingly rare second chance and downgrading the tag. Since you did commit the offense, you will still be left with a caution tag. Any further issues or if we find out you lied in your appeal the banned tag will be restored without the possibility of a new appeal.

Appeal downgraded.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**