1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561197971585215 - (syn1c / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by syn1c, Aug 15, 2023.

1. syn1c

syn1c Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:5659743
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561197971585215 (syn1c)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Fake - Report had falsified evidence
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    No other accounts.​

Appeal description:
    Hi,

Just recently started using steam again to play CS:GO and I noticed I was banned on steamrep for apparently scamming ''Anri'' of his Dota 2 game key.

I didn't appeal at the time and it seems I only commented on his thread however I believe his accusations are false and no idea why he would have gone to this lenght to slander my gamertag.

As it has been nearly 12 years since this thread and ban has been created against me and from what I can recall of my dealings with this ''Anri'' person we clearly traded a CS:GO key for a Dota 2 Key however I believe that because he found out I was Romanian and I was a part of a CS 1.6 professional team he went to a great deal to have my reputation tarnished for no reason. In his thread he states that I ''blocked'' him from Steam right after our trade which is not correct, I never blocked him and I never did not answer his messages. We concluded our deal fairly and I never heard from him until he created this thread.

I would like to appeal this as I don't believe I had any wrong doing and at the time I acted with fairness and honesty. As you can clearly see from the message I posted on his thread, he was the one that deleted me from his friends list after we concluded the trade.

Also, from the image he posted with that raddu conversation, that is clearly not me. Raddu was a part of my cs 1.6 team and I had no idea what deals they made so I fail to see how that was relevant to me being banned.

Hope my ban can be reconsidered as we merely exchanged keys for beta games.

Thanks​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    If you are claiming the trade happened as agreed, you need to provide your inventory history showing as much.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  3. syn1c

syn1c Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Hi, thanks for your reply.

The CS:GO key I gave to him was via chat which he used after he sent his dota key so unsure how to show this?

Thanks
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    1. So you have no inventory history at all showing any trades? yes/no answer only please.
    2. If you are claiming you gave a physical key, please provide its proof of purchase.
  5. syn1c

syn1c Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Hi, image of my inventory dating 2012 https://ibb.co/NVFr8JX

The key I gave him was won through a giveaway to try out the beta before CS:GO released in Aug 2012. As you can see the trade was in March 2012 so CS:GO keys were not for sale yet.

Thanks
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    You did not answer my first question and screenshots have to comply with our screenshot policy posted at the top of the appeals section. Further, please provide proof of your givaway winning.
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    Next Thursday will be two weeks since I asked for followup, that is when the case will be closed.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a review and lack of additional followup from you, their is insufficient evidence to overturn the original admins decision. The appeal is denied.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**