1. Don't click any links in Steam chat. Scammers are sending links with special characters that look exactly like real Steam-related websites.

Pending: Moderator 76561197960561169 (beather4N)

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by beather, Aug 14, 2017.

1. beather

beather Donator - Tier I

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:147720

Account information:

Your SteamRep block:
    Alternate accounts:
    (these are not visible to the public)
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, Staff Applications, SteamRep Partner Members).**

Basic information:

Country and Timezone: Bratislava, Prague
    Availability: 3-4 hrs per week
    Are you at least 18 years of age? Yes
    Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it? Yes
    Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it? Yes
    Do you have any issues handling instruction and direction? No
    Foreign languages: English, a little German

Application:

Please tell us about yourself (job, school, hobbies, etc)
    I'm working as Linux/Max Agile QA Engineer at ESET.

My hobbies are Fitness, Dog, Girl, Games collecting, trading. I'm used to trade a lot because it's a most cheap way how to obtain more games. Currently, I've done over 800 trades and faced many ppl trying to scam me. I'm used to sell games from store as well. This was before region policy ban by Valve. Anyway, another activity, which could be interesting for you is, that I worked as cheathunter for website FFPAPI.com (forfoirplay). My task was to check POV demos of suspects and decide, if he is cheating or not according to his in-game behaviour and other suspects. http://ffpapi.com/STEAM_0:1:147720. I mentioned that to show you, that I had an experience with making judgement according to evidence.​

Why do you want to be a SteamRep moderator, and what makes you feel you're a good candidate?
    I wanted to help SR community to grow, IMO it's really good idea to have centralised db of suspicious ppl and it should be introduced to more and more ppl.​

Past administrative experience:
    I'm used to work as game section administrator of forum pc-help.cz, which has around 3k hits per day.​

List Steam trading communities you are / have been active on and in what capacity (user, mod, admin)

Have you ever been banned from another community? If so, what happened?
    No, I do not think so.​

Other questions or comments:
    Hope I could give you a hand in fight with deceitful ppl.​
  2. beather

beather Donator - Tier I

Steam:
    Hi Guys,

any update?
  3. Rosalina

Rosalina New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64197455
    It's a very bad look for an applicant to show impatience. Especially when they have the ability to look at other open applications, notice most of them are older and then look at completed applications to view time frames.

I can't recommend this application.
  4. beather

beather Donator - Tier I

Steam:
    Let me correct you. This is called nature curiousness and it's pretty normal. I would not definitely call this impatience because it will be impatience if I asked like one week ago after submitting application. However, with those "older" applications you mentioned.. There are like 6 newer of them, which already have at least one answer so IMHO it's pretty normal to "just ask".

But I could understand purpose of your reply. You are just one of those guys wasting their life time on commenting random thread and hating everyone because of your ruined, boring and unhappy life. Do not take it personally, just my opinion :) You should more focus on real life instead of that internet one. Thanks for your reply and bump anyway !
  5. Sniper Pro

Sniper Pro FirePowered Head Admin Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49525162
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/duties-of-steamrep-moderators-please-read.142526/

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/timeframe-of-forum-moderator-applications.16667/
  6. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    If you've spent any substantive amount of time on SteamRep forums, you'd see that endorsing any sort of bumps is not in our repertoire. Please do not bump your application. Please read the time frame description in the pinned post, which Sniper Pro so kindly linked you above.

And by-and-by, Rosalina has been much more active than you have, considering you're the one applying for a moderator position here. Please keep your discourse polite on this forum.
    Sniper Pro likes this.