1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561197971082275 SUNSPY™

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by SUNSPY™, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUNSPY™

SUNSPY™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:5408273
    steamID: SUNSPY™ WTT: GOLFER
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:5408273
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197971082275
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/goldnuts
    steamrepURL: http://www.steamrep.com/index.php?id=76561197971082275

Hi.

TBH I didn't really care about this tag before, many people were complaining about the rule "trading with scammer" and other unfair things, and after some 10,000 or more trades I accidentally traded with someone marked. Then Suttles apparently dobbed me in to "try and get everyone marked so they fix the trading with scammers rule" IIRC. That says a lot right there. Everyone was going at me on Steam to try and make SR change or whatever. I've done what I can, and I will not verbally or otherwise attack SR anymore if things continue to improve. I used to be a huge supporter of SR and was constantly sending users there.

Of course, I have traded with hundreds of users since, and those have been ignored ? how is that fair ? why are they not ALL marked as scammers. Sure seems like some sort of bias there. Many know I was marked. MANY. I've also seen very high profile traders have been trading with scammers but nothing has happened to them ? where is the fairness ? no I won't dob users in, I don't think the policy is right at all so why perpetuate it..

Here is the circumstances of the HOUWAR trade:

He was not at all suspicious, it took a lot of negotiating, we were actually negotiating unsuals until he mentioned a HOUWAR, and thus I was not at all suspicious. I think we talked for about 15 minutes. He seemed like a normal trader to me. I paid 4 maxes when the normal price for a HOUWAR was around 4 maxes.

Maybe 10 mins later I traded with someone who wanted 2 maxes for 2 unusuals, and the deal was really good. So I checked him, and screenshotted proof I had checked him! Tell me I did wrong ? I can't see how normal trades should be considered involvement with scammers. YES IF YOU ARE BUYING DIRECTLY FROM SOMEONE KNOWN TO BE A SCAMMER ! TOTALLY OK WITH THAT. I always check for cash sales, even now after all this.

Please note : When I found out I had been tagged I looked at this HOUWAR guy's profile. His profile noted he had been hacked and said the attacker did some scamming. He also had multiple, very recent (last day, 2 days etc) positive comments about PayPal transactions. I don't think he is actually a scammer, which is ironic. I checked again later and more reps appeared (one from selling a Max I traded him, for cash..)

So I did a normal trade with a not suspicious person. Hardly a scammer. Checking SR every time I do a trade would be extremely time consuming, it is not a Valve system. If it was a Valve system and their rep showed up next to their profile then things like trading with scammer would be totally fair ! I'd be all for that. BUT IT ISN'T LIKE THAT and people have more than just a game to do with their life. The number of people adding me per day at the time was disgusting, and all the stuff going on when trying to trade in a server and on websites means it just isn't feasible for a big trader to always check. Its not efficient. It'd lose me a lot of time, and hence waste my money.

The previous time was just some flies hats, and with flies hats often thrown out cheap, and having been told some time earlier in the night the thief was IP banned, I didn't think to check if the hats were stolen. Not a lot of that was going on anyway, these days things are different. The circumstances were that I'd been up all night trading busily, it was something like 4am and I simply didn't check. I wasn't marked for this, which was fair and should be commended. I should mention those circumstances anyway so it is clear. I had no knowledge of the hijacked BP, not friends with him and don't keep tabs on every BP. I couldn't have possibly known they were scammed hats. Maybe the most paranoid user with more time on their hands would have checked, I didn't.

Honestly, I think SR is valuable to the community. However because I was unfairly treated I have NOT BEEN RECOMMENDING SR EVER SINCE. Isn't this terrible ? I'd like to be able to tell people to check it. But I don't since they will probably get the wrong idea about ME and it would cost me trades. Well, some have harassed me lately, one guy yesterday added me calling me a scammer and a hacker, and shitposting in my Outpost trades. So this has gone on way too long now. I've made it quite obvious I think the policies like trading with scammer are flawed, yet all along I never intended to trade with a scammer. I would have expected SR to just use common sense, and remove my tags.

What I think is worst of all of this, me not telling people to check SR has probably meant at least 2 people recently could have been saved from scams, if not many more, but I won't recommend a site when I was unfairly treated. Do the right thing by me and I'll go back to what I used to do, tell everyone who needed to know, check SR.

When I was previously "questioned" about trading the HOUWAR, I was extremely tired because of being banned/harassed by Scorpion the night before and trying to explain my innocence, but he holds a grudge against me from over a year ago when I stopped helping him.

I was tired and irritated, so I said I didn't have time. I was going to sleep, and I wake up and I apparently deleted Noobinator (no, he deleted me!) and I'm suddenly the worst thing in TF2, a SCAMMER ? I've campaigned to try and help SR change, and I hope I helped.

Scorpions lies were also copied and plastered on SR which is completely unfair. I've been banned 4 times at TF2TP, all 4 times were unfair.

First of many? then WHY WASN'T I LISTED AS A SHARK ? these other ACTUAL SHARKS were soon listed on his document, but not me. Why ? because there is ABSOLUTELY NO DAMN PROOF. Not a shred, and there never will be. I've helped a s✿✿✿ ton of people who unbox unusuals, and still do. Have been helping a guy who unboxed a Burning Honcho recently. I also helped thousands of people in my time in various other ways. Free stuff, good deals, the list goes on. Thousands of pricechecks. Scorpion had no evidence and showed me only a joke of screenshots when some guy wanted $3000 for a hearts fez. Whether my offer was a lowball or not, it clearly would be now, prices are speculative and not fixed. At the time the only other Energy Brain Bucket (purple) that existed was being offered for 13 or 14 buds. It was not yet a cancer hat at all and everyone was loving my sunbeams one. Besides, an offer is just an offer, and when he said he wanted $3000 it was too funny and irresistable not to troll him and call his hat s✿✿✿ (i dont like hearts anyway!). So what proof and justification is there to say I abused my ADMIN and I'm some sort of monster ? lumping me in with those other people who have made their whole BP on sharking, not SPENDING A WHOLE LOT OF MONEY LIKE ME. It's absolute BS. If anyone should be in trouble it is Scorpion for attacking me. SR should not assume TF2TP were fair. 4 out of 4 unfair bans. (One was for blowing up at Rob when I saw someone impersonating Marshmallow in my friends list, same pic and all. I don't like scammers or impersonators, so why shouldn't I go off ? being mad I did and banning me for personal reasons isn't fair. Block or delete me and get over it would be the right move.)

As for me being a "scammer" how about some simple reasoning. I spent THOUSANDS OF REAL DOLLARS investing in Valve's game. Why would I scam and **** myself over meaning I can't get my money back when I decide to sell ? completely illogical to call me a scammer. I'd never scam anyone. I'm an malware analyst and I protect people on the internet EVERY DAY. Please remove all this rubbish about me. It is not in the best interest of anyone, especially not SR. I should have trusted status, but I never made the effort at SOP to keep my rep thread up. Too much time when everyone knew me anyway and trusted me. I'd never have to send first, ever. I also prefer rep on my profile where someone impersonating can't just link to me. And I have a lot. Someone even let me pay them later $2000 for modest piles. You all know I'm not a scammer.. so please do the right thing. Scorpion bs included. Had enough of this.. time to fix it.

If my appeal is denied, I will have no choice but to appeal to VALVE in whatever way is required until this problem is fixed, even if it means SR is in trouble with Valve. Do not consider this a threat. Just being open. I am not a scammer so why say I am ? I never wanted any trouble but my investment in this game runs deeper than any of you cared to understand, it seems. Considering I have done nothing wrong, I also feel Valve will listen. After all I did report a major security hole, as well as how to fix many of the bad design flaws in Steam so hijacking (even if they have your password, email) is a lot harder. On top of that, I've devised some more changes Valve could make, if they cannot solve their human problem at Support (would stop social engineering). I'll be in contact with Drunkenf00l about that again soon unless he has already sorted it. Any new hijacks happen yet ? I don't think so, have heard of none since Mattie's..

Valve KNOW I'm not a scammer, certainly you all KNOW I'm not a scammer too, and on top of all the other evidence in my support, I've reported countless scammers to Valve ! I ****ing HATE SCAMMERS..

Sorry for the extra long post but its all important and had to be said. Time to be nice to each other, not enemies ? Thanks in advance.. note I expect a clean sheet, not caution. There is no reason for caution. I could easily find a very large number of people who I've helped. Find ONE who I've scammed ? impossible. I was wrongly marked, if its removed then all is forgiven and I can get back to telling people to use SR. Once it is in the past, I won't hold a grudge. I'm not like that.
  2. SUNSPY™

SUNSPY™ New User

Steam:
    I'd also like to apologize for calling SR Nazi's, but if you were in my shoes you'd be looking for some sort of word to describe being treated like the scum of TF2, when I have never done anything that those people do. Remember please, that I invested not only a lot, thousands and thousands of hard earned dollars, AND approximately 9 months of my life, in TF2 trading. Not a small investment. Most of my day, inbetween work shifts and often long nights (I hardly slept for 2 weeks when collecting the 1-100 buds). To be labelled a scammer is sickening. Not one person on this planet would have taken it lightly. I know that. I understand though, that it was the wrong thing to say, and I am honestly sorry. I am not a racist person or anything like that.. thanks to Mattie for pointing this out :( sometimes I forget we are not all from the same country/background
  3. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

I will be handling this one. Sunspy, I dont have time before friday, once I come online friday I will add you.
  4. SUNSPY™

SUNSPY™ New User

Steam:
    I'll probably be offline Friday night (Australia time), maybe Saturday. No rush

I must say, from the other side of things I am super impressed with Mattie and Rob and what they bring to SR

Mattie : 11/10
    Rob : 12/10

Closed my group, have nothing but good things to say I think.. I like where this is going after a long talk with Rob and hearing what he is capable of doing.

I've voiced my opinion to Valve too, that Rob is OUTSTANDING and would be a huge help if they worked with him/SR

Utterly impressed.

Talk to you Friday night perhaps your time
  5. KoT/Parasite

KoT/Parasite New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34008359
    agree with all tahth sunspy saied, he is a great trader+ nice and honest man.He helped me out with some prices, gave me extra buds and present me hat only for the fact that the i have got burning tossle,but after i sold him my eerie slug i was also marked :(
  6. SUNSPY™

SUNSPY™ New User

Steam:
    Make your own appeal please

Data if you think I'm not around I am, I was up so late I didn't go out tonight :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.