1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561197993313002 [GIGN] Teddy (SR Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by [GIGN] Teddy, Jan 17, 2012.

1. [GIGN] Teddy

[GIGN] Teddy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:16523637
    At the start, sorry for my english.
    So, my offences is
    1. Impersonation
    2. Appeal Denied - failure to Comply with requested Information
    Yesterday talked with noobinator on steam, why im on blacklist and staff. There wasnt any offences written down. He told me for impersonation. At the begining i didnt understand that staff, but then told him I had problems with steam account few weeks back. Gave him screen from email(edited - didnt show him my email) also gave him ticket screen from valve and staff also with edited/blurred information about name, last 4 card nr, phone,mail and address. But that wasn't enough, he asked to give him unblurred information about all.. I started to ask why do u need all that information and staff. He told me for some kinda of investigation blablabla.. i told him that he cant have that kinda of information.. Then he stated to talk like this - I dont need to steal your steam account, im trusted seller, sr admin all told his all ranks. Also told he is getting that kind of information every day. All this talk was for hour or two. And if he dont get that information, my appeal will be denied and im getting banned from some sites...

So, today I contacted other admin from steamreps site and asked, why do you need to have that kinda of information and staff. His reaction was like WTF? o_O Told me to go here and make a thread about all this.Also made a ticked on steampowered for noobinator asking valve about this all. Why do they allow to ask that kind of information and staff.

For note, found noobinator in steamrep foorbar as admin, added him on steam. So that he couldn't be imposter.
    And today for my offences are
    1. Impersonation
    2. Appeal Denied - failure to Comply with requested Information

Question for other administrators, what do u think about it? Does it normal to get appeal denied for not giving random person my private date?
  2. [GIGN] Teddy

[GIGN] Teddy New User

Steam:
    Sorry for double posting, but I would like to explain a bit better.

So once more about noobinator. I found him as admin on footbar of steamrep.com added him. At the start he asked how did I found him. Told about steamreps footbar, why him? Because site was having some trouble and his profile was only one who opened and later I added other admin, but Noobinator accepted my invite first. Reason why I was intrested talking with admin was about – why I’m on blacklist? There was no offences or other staff, only marked as scamer. He told me for impersonation. I asked when and who was that person who I was impostering(dont know if its right) He told me it was his nickname and staff. Asked me do i decline that. I told – yes, ofc, havent used his nickname. Later I told him about having trouble about my steam account, that i couldn’t log in, password recovery didnt work. So I contacted valve about, they rested my password and staff. So he asked me prof of that at the start – screen from email. I gave him screen, that valve rested password(only colored off email). Then he told I have to give other prof – like steam ticket and staff. Also gave him ticket with colored off card nr/email/name/phone/address and other staff. Then he started to ask me to give him unedited screen and staff. Then I started ask a reason of that all, he told me something like this – no worrys, I’m steamrep admin, I’m getting that kind of information every day. Also told me all his ranks – SR admin,SR donator and other.. I decline to give him that information. Told him that, he dont need that kind of information it’s my private data. Then there was a lot discussion about all this. Told him I’ll report him to steampowered. He told if I dont give him that information, my appeal will be denied and i’ll get bans on other sites. Yes, there was also question about my nickname changes and staff. Told him my real nickname is Teddy or [GIGN] Teddy for years now.. and today I just tryed few nicknames because I found alot of staff about Übermensch. My favorite class is medic.. So today I entered on steamrep and found that he added a little bit information to my steamrep profile. 2. Appeal Denied - failure to Comply with requested Information. But he forgot to write, what kinda of information. I dont mind to be on steamreps blacklist, but please if he decline my appeal. He must write what information I didnt gave to him. I dont know does every admin does it or not, but it shouldn’t be like this. I understood, that some1 was using my steam account with out my approval. I have contacted steam support about it and they fixed all this.

And today I contacted other admin to ask why you need that kinda of information. From his reaction, he was shoked and toldme to come here and make thread. So I did.

I’m not intrested to asperse somebodys character. But if he asks that infomation to all people, some of them can give this all. And then it's easy to steal steam profile/items. And if you see violation in all this, you have to make sanctions.
  3. Noobinator

Noobinator Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:12759940
    Just for the record I told you that you could block out your credit card last-four number, that information, and your phone number also, but I wanted your name and email only, as those are sometimes instrumental data that are instrumental in proving or denying your appeal when checking information. Most everyone that is proclaiming innocence with nothing to hide are open, and realize this information will be kept private, and helps prove their innocence, that is assuming they are.
  4. [GIGN] Teddy

[GIGN] Teddy New User

Steam:
    You asking my private data for steam account. I already gave you all you needed. execpt email. witch is only thing atm, that guards my account security. As I told yesterday, you dont have any premision ask all this. I gave u screens from email? Gave. I have you edited screens with my private data ? Gave. I will not give you also my private information. Because offence is some kinda of impersination. And when I asked you: what did I scam? or what I did.. You couldn't answer me. Just told, other admin marked you.
    As yesterday, maybe you should put every Justin Beaver on blacklist. because it's not real one
  5. Noobinator

Noobinator Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    And I never got that far becauuse you didn't cooperate with what I needed to check you out right. It is almost like you have something to hide sir. And let's not forget you were tagged as a SCAMMER for impersonating me - which I never was able to look into. You seem to have some trust issues with what I will do with the information, but be assured thay would only be used to either veryify your crime, or exonerate you.
  6. [GIGN] Teddy

[GIGN] Teddy New User

Steam:
    Agen calling me as scammer, please tell me what did I scum? when? If u doing some kind of investigation, the start from begging. Find out what did I scammed, when. Then you can call me what ever you like.
    You have some complexes about your nickname use or what? You should be proud that someone is trying to copy you. Nickname change dosent matter anything, if doing any charge on me, first give me prof of it.
    for exaple,silly situaction, some1 saw your nickname on some webpage. by misclicking copyed it, then tryed to change his nickname in steam. Agen, by misclicking pasting your nickname there, presses ok. And he automatily gets in blacklist? :D

ofc, im having some trust issues. My account was stolen few weeks ago. Why now i have to give my data to random person.
  7. Noobinator

Noobinator Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    I did not tag you as the Scammer, and was going to look into it. Regardless, you are currently tagged as a "Scammer," that being before I even accepted your appeal. Sorry, but that is what you are for now unless you are exonerated. Something like this case, I like starting with all the information I can get to do my job right. Do be advised I am not just some random person, but rather handle a lot of these appeals from people tagged as a Scammer like you. The information gathered often allows me to do my job right. I will not ask you for credit card numbers or passwords, nor did I before. I will talk with higher leadership regarding this case and will get further clarification here.
  8. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

@ teddy: Appeal admins research every venue, and request info. They wont ask for passwords, or final information.
    Things they wont ask:
    - Passwords to accounts
    - security questions
    - login information.
    I've cut those information intentionally out of reports in the past, and there are other examples here on the forum already where that policy is enforced.
    see for instance: http://forums.gamerep.org/threads/76561198024242564-tinhoreck.67/ (red: "<admin deleted>") in posts, to protect the person from self inflicted harm. And that admin didn't keep records of that either, cos the info provided was ultimately irrelevant.

But If they ask for a email address, thats fine to give if you have nothing to hide.

All that is about, is the fine line between whats safe to give, and what not. Email addresses are fine, etc.

I Trust Noobi to do the right thing, and that will be it.
  9. Noobinator

Noobinator Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Thank you Data, and that answers your question Teddy. You have failed to cooperate with the investigation and once again, Appeal Denied sir (and case closed). Regardless best of luck to you.