1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561197994163065 Vlijm SR SCAMMER

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Vlijm :{D, May 11, 2013.

1. Vlijm :{D

Vlijm :{D New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16948668
    | steamname: Vlijm :{D
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:16948668
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197994163065
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/vlijm
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197994163065

So this is what happened:

I got added by R a z o RRR. http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198034129310 on a trade server and he asked if i was buying keys for paypal. i bought 38 keys off him not knowing he was under review and banned on outpost. After that he proposed to trade me a lot of promos (6 buds and 3 maxes) for cash. He went first and i got linked his SR thread after i recieved it. So i decided to take it and hold them to give the items or cash back to the original owners.

Thomas Matthias then added me after the user made a report.

15:28 - Thomas Matthias: Hello.
    15:55 - Thomas Matthias is now playing Team Fortress 2. Click here to join.
    15:55 - Thomas Matthias: Hi.
    15:55 - Vlijm :{D: I know what you are going to say, so ill keep it brief
    15:56 - Vlijm :{D: I know steamrep doesnt allow scamming scammers and i made a wrong dcision. Still im hesitant about giving the items back or paying him as he scammed people off them
    15:57 - Vlijm :{D: Id rather give them to the victims and take the steamrep mark as far as im concerned for now
    15:57 - Vlijm :{D: Will hapen in any way as i bought the first keys not knowing he was under review
    15:58 - Thomas Matthias: Are you talking about this - http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561197994163065-vlijm-d.30106/
    15:58 - Vlijm :{D: Are you? :D
    15:58 - Thomas Matthias: I'm asking you.
    15:58 - Vlijm :{D: yes i am, i was guessing thats why you added me
    16:00 - Thomas Matthias: You can read this, if you like - http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/scam-the-scammer.23433/#post-72315
    16:00 - Thomas Matthias: It is Mattie's post.
    16:00 - Vlijm :{D: So story: he added me from a trade server (not outpost as he says in the report) i bought keys, saw he was marked and then saw what he did. Im done trading anyway so i f✿✿✿ed him over and now im doubting what to do
    16:00 - Vlijm :{D: I might give him his stuff back
    16:00 - Thomas Matthias: He is not marked, is he?
    16:01 - Vlijm :{D: nope, had one guy he did it to in freind tho, no clue were he went
    16:01 - Vlijm :{D: he is under review for a month or so
    16:01 - Vlijm :{D: well you tell me what to do cause i made a bad shot here
    16:02 - Thomas Matthias: I am not going to tell you what to do. Use common sense!
    16:02 - Vlijm :{D: haha ok, my common right sense tells me to lose these items asap and pay the hurt people via paypal cause they needed the money
    16:03 - Vlijm :{D: and tell rayzorr to go f✿✿✿ himself, pardon my french
    16:06 - Thomas Matthias: What you have done is still scamming and you can be marked. I have already told you - Use common sense! Bye.
    16:07 - Vlijm :{D: Well yes i readded the dude
    16:07 - Vlijm :{D: he doesnt acep ttho
    16:09 - Your state is set to Offline.
    16:09 - Thomas Matthias is now Offline.
    16:09 - Lost connection to Steam, will rejoin chat automatically when connection regained.
    16:10 - Connected again and rejoined chat.
    16:10 - Vlijm :{D nosound has changed their name to Vlijm :{D.
    16:10 - Thomas Matthias is now Online.
    16:13 - Vlijm :{D: well he can readd me
    16:24 - Vlijm :{D: ill give it back

So i gave him his items back despite my feeling about keeping it and delivering to the scammed people, but then i see he IS marked as scammer and so am i. His thread took over a month to review but i can get marked in 5 minutes? Im really sad now.

Oh and the best part is him mocking me.
    16:48 - Vlijm :{D: http://steamrep.com/search?q=http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198034129310/
    16:49 - .r a z o RRR`: mkai
    16:49 - .r a z o RRR`: idc
    16:49 - Vlijm :{D: lol
    16:49 - .r a z o RRR`: you marked too
    16:52 - Vlijm :{D: omg
    16:52 - .r a z o RRR`: you are a f✿✿✿in noob scammer
    16:53 - .r a z o RRR`: you scam me for i scammed others
    16:53 - .r a z o RRR`: Lol
    16:53 - .r a z o RRR`: Da!
    16:54 - .r a z o RRR`: but why did you made your profile private?
    16:54 - Vlijm :{D: cause i was planning to give the people you scammed their stuff back
    16:55 - .r a z o RRR`: Hm
    16:55 - .r a z o RRR`: mkai
    16:55 - Vlijm :{D: you should really
    16:55 - .r a z o RRR`: when you gived back
    16:55 - .r a z o RRR`: i write to the steam support
    16:55 - Vlijm :{D: i mean its peoples money
    16:55 - .r a z o RRR`: btw
    16:55 - .r a z o RRR`: i writed to steam support too
    16:55 - .r a z o RRR`: and wait for respond
    16:55 - Vlijm :{D: lol
    16:56 - .r a z o RRR`: blackmail is a crime
    16:56 - Vlijm :{D: haha so is being a scammer
    16:56 - .r a z o RRR`: you scammed 400 usd
    16:56 - .r a z o RRR`: i scammed 30
    16:56 - Vlijm :{D: i gave it back
    16:56 - Vlijm :{D: you didint
    16:57 - .r a z o RRR`: but you are marked now
    16:57 - .r a z o RRR`: http://steamrep.com/search?q=http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197994163065
    16:58 - .r a z o RRR`: And it is not the only thing
    16:58 - .r a z o RRR`: You will have a trade ban
    16:58 - Vlijm :{D: You should send to valve that you got it back
    16:58 - Vlijm :{D: Thats only fair
    I know the discussion about scamming the scammer is a difficult one, please keep that out here. I made a wrong choice but i returned all the items in a short time and still get marked even tho i still feel i shouldve kept these items.
  2. Jon™

Jon™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:39211737
    9:18 - Vlijm :{D: you can also jsut unblock him
    19:18 - Vlijm :{D: and give the stuuf back
    19:18 - .r a z o RRR`: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    19:18 - .r a z o RRR`: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
    19:18 - .r a z o RRR`: ?
    19:19 - .r a z o RRR`: you are an idiot
    19:19 - .r a z o RRR`: man
    19:19 - .r a z o RRR`: he wanna bought a max and a bud
    19:19 - .r a z o RRR`: he sent 117 usd
    19:19 - .r a z o RRR`: i refunded
    19:20 - .r a z o RRR`: and i dont gived max to him
    19:20 - Vlijm :{D: yeah so give the money back or deliver the items easy
    19:20 - .r a z o RRR`: gived the money back
    19:20 - .r a z o RRR`: i dont care about the scammer tag
    19:20 - Vlijm :{D: you didnt
    19:20 - .r a z o RRR`: the steamrep is for noobs
    19:20 - Vlijm :{D: just unblock him
    19:20 - Vlijm :{D: and talk to him
    19:20 - .r a z o RRR`: no
    19:20 - .r a z o RRR`: i didnt
    19:20 - .r a z o RRR`: no
    19:21 - .r a z o RRR`: i dont
    19:21 - .r a z o RRR`: i dont
    Razor stated that he refunded my $117 ($121 with tax) payment on paypal. The screenshot will show that I have received 0 payment from anyone, and that I have a 0 balance on my paypal account. Razor has not refunded my trade. Vlijm just scammed Razor because he wanted to give my items back, but then he gave back the items he scammed to Razor and still got marked, I don't understand that.
    PayPal Payment Recieve History Picture: http://i.imgur.com/n2o3pnK.jpg
  3. Ra z o rrr.`

Ra z o rrr.` New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36931791
    In my report as you can see you said that you give my items back when I'm going to delete the report thread=blackmail.
  4. [NC][PPM] RaptorChu

[NC][PPM] RaptorChu New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42888723
    I can also Vouch for him being a scammer. I have tried numerous times for the past month to try and get ahold of this guy. Only now I stumbled across his profile on SteamRep and saw he was a scammer. No wonder why I haven't gotten what I paid for yet :/
  5. hoppAAA

hoppAAA New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:28158674

Proof?
  6. Vlijm :{D

Steam:
    Almost a year. No admin reply

You ban so incredibly fast yet you dont take appeals
    And now i want to legitimately be able to trade again, please review this
  7. Vlijm :{D

Steam:
    I know you probably dont even look at these anymore but please either review such longstanding posts or dismantle your site and remove all tags.
  8. Smash The House

Smash The House Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30747637
    Same here buddy. Once when I was younger I made a mistake and wanted to make it right. I was banned within the same day, but I'm already trying to get unbanned and in contact with my so called 'victim' for a month. 0 progress has been made since I started. I think it would be more valuable spending more time in people unbanning since they're mistaken or know about their mistake and want to turn it around. Instead they spend all the time only banning people.
  9. SoaR Rabbit

SoaR Rabbit New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:66875051
  10. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hello @Vlijm :{D,

Read this topic: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    And please pay special note to the following point(s):
    #7: What are Alts
    #9: Pay back the victim
    #14: Requested information for Old Appeals

Before your appeal can be considered, we need some additional information.
    • Did you repay the victim?
    • Please list all other Steam accounts that you have, or that may be linked to you with an explanation (brother's, parent's, friend's, whatever) by the full SteamRep ID block.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  11. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    2 weeks to follow up or appeal will be concluded.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  12. Vlijm :{D

Steam:
    Even though i feel this is ridiculous:

1) Yes i did repay the "victim" even though i didnt feel like this was right to do
    2) I dont have any alts i use
  13. Vlijm :{D

Steam:
    Edit: the ridiculous part is the 2 week answer time for a thread that got ignored for 3 years. But thanks for taking the time to actually do so.
  14. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    I'm sorry for the wait, but the 2 weeks policy is meant so we can move onto other appeals, and not take even longer. Many appellants quit responding for one reason or another, leaving the admin to wait instead of working on another appeal. We recommend subscribing to your appeal thread with email notifications so you will know when your appeal is next in line.

Scamming a scammer is still scamming, and two wrongs don't make a right. I realize why you might do that, and feel the policy is ridiculous, but the policy and precedent were set long ago and we have firmly stuck behind that philosophy. A trader having scammed someone in the past does not entitle the rest of the community to collectively steal from him/her; our mission is to prevent fraud altogether, and scope applies to everyone, regardless of their past, by way of community education and warning the community of traders who are known to have scammed at one point. That's why even scammers are allowed to fill out scam reports. All that said, your intentions may be taken into account for this appeal, barring no other issues.

In any change of heart appeal, including yours, repayment is a requirement for the appeal to be considered, but not a guarantee it will be granted. Can you please provide proof that you repaid?

We need you to list all alternate accounts, regardless of whether or not you actively use them. This also applies to accounts which may be linked to yours, such as family members using the same computer. As said before, read this topic: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/ and pay special note to the following point(s):
    #7: What are Alts
    #9: Pay back the victim

Failure to disclose your alternate accounts will result in your appeal being denied automatically.
  15. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Any proof of repayment?
  16. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    2 weeks to follow up, or appeal will be concluded.
  17. Rosalina

Rosalina New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64197455
    I spoke to him about a month ago and he's been very, very busy these days (to the point he doesn't sign into steam). Also, a side note, the victim confirmed repayment on the original report thread.
  18. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Denied for lack of follow-up. Gave plenty more than 2 weeks. If you're truly busy with real life, then you may make another appeal when you return.