1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined: Moderator 76561197994898729 (Allen Scott)

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by Allen Scott, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Allen Scott

Allen Scott New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:17316500

Account information:

Your SteamRep block:
    Alternate accounts:
    (these are not visible to the public)
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, Staff Applications, SteamRep Partner Members).**

Basic information:

Country and Timezone: I live in the United States. I live in the EST Timezone. Florida born and raised.
    Availability: I have a lot of free time so I could probably sit down for about 1 or 2 hours a day if I have no other plans that day.
    Are you at least 18 years of age? Yes
    Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it? Yes
    Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it? Yes
    Do you have any issues handling instruction and direction? I'm very good at following directions.
    Foreign languages: Unfortunately I do not fluently speak any foreign languages.

Application:

Please tell us about yourself (job, school, hobbies, etc)
    I'm Allen Scott, I've done little graphic design projects pretty much my whole life. I post mods on Gamebanana under the same name every once in awhile. I enjoy keeping communities free of those who dwell with malicious intent. I've enjoyed positions of moderation mostly in garry's mod Dark.RP servers as an Administrator and forum Administrator on said servers websites. It has been quite some time since my last position. I'm looking for another way to use my free time to help other people in our community.​

Why do you want to be a SteamRep moderator, and what makes you feel you're a good candidate?
    I've always used steamREP to assure my own safety. After witnessing the swift justice I thought to myself "Hey, I'd love to help these people" so here I am. I've always enjoyed moderating communities and keeping users safe from those who have ill-intent. I feel like I would do a great job moderating the scam reports. I've been in positions previously in communities where I would be approving or disapproving applications for Administrative positions or Granting or Denying ban appeals. I feel I can use my experience in those fields to determine the legitimacy of a report in an accurate and timely manner. I have plenty of free time in a week to invest into investigating reports. I'm quite wise to the methods scammers use to try and fool users. I'm quite good at reading people's intents and can pick up on when somebody is attempting to be manipulative. I feel as though I would be a valuable asset to this community. I know when dealing with a situation as a moderator of this community that I represent your community and I should do the utmost to uphold the values your community believes in and act respectfully and politely.​

Past administrative experience:
    I have been in Administrative positions involving actual gameplay and forum interactions for 3 Garry's mod Communities.

HOGS Dark.RP - Server Super Admin and Forum Super Admin.
    Envious.RP - Server Admin and Forum Admin.
    Legion Gaming RP - Server Super Admin and Forum Admin.

Legion was run by a group associated with Envious.

HOGS stands for "HardcoreOpGamingServers"

All listed communities have had their forums and severs shutdown due to lack of funding but their steam groups still exist.

Outside of real life positions of authority I have no Administrative experience outside of the communities I listed here.​

List Steam trading communities you are / have been active on and in what capacity (user, mod, admin)
    I use scrap.tf a lot but that's mostly interactions with trade bots. The same could be said for Backpack.tf.

https://scrap.tf/profile/2065215

Have you ever been banned from another community? If so, what happened?
    I've been banned from SMT gaming due to a blanket group ban of a steam group I had no involvement with other than the fact I was a member. I have since left this group. I also appealed the ban successfully.​

Other questions or comments:

2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Thanks for your interest in becoming a SteamRep moderator, and sorry for the delay in responding. Unfortunately, we have decided not to move forward with your application at this time.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**