1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198001221454 Merlin.SK (SR SCAMMER)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Merlin.SK, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Merlin.SK

Merlin.SK New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20477863
    | steamname: Merlin.SK
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:20477863
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198001221454
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198001221454

As I was instructed, I am posting a formal appeal.
    Since I have nothing to add other than I have written to the ''begging for help'' topic in the general section, I am copying its content here:

Yesterday I have tried to connect to one of my favorite TF2 servers (Lethal zone - LZ) to enjoy my everyday 45 min portion of TF 2 :) Instead of connection the message about ban appeared. Reason on their site :"Player is a reported scammer", banned by Console. After addressing this issue to admins of LZ they tell me about their scammer plugin and sent me here. I have never heard of steam rep before so I was confused. After I have read the F.A.Q. section I still am.

I learned I was reported as a scammer by SR and this report should be connected to my trade activities somehow. A that is my problem - I do not trade ! I traded some guns and hats in the TF2 maybe 3 or 4 times about a 2 years ago. Since this time I am not trading anything and I have no knowledge about trading these days ( Should it be something else than trading in TF2 ? I've read something about real money .. ??)

When I checked my status here there is something about alternate accounts, which is leading to some other guy reported as scammer. Of course he is total stranger to me.

I have understand that I should appeal for my ''untag'' as a scammer. Frankly, I dont like this procedure, because didn't do anything bad and didn't violate any rules and I don't know how to proceed. I am just regular player, who plays TF2 only a few minutes a day on my usual community servers ( THG, HAMPSHIRE HEAVIES, LZ). I am playing TF2 almost since its release and I have never had any problem of such nature or BANs or anything.

I will be glad when my nick is cleared from this false allegation, but I don't know what I should do next as I still don't know the exact reason for this tag and what was the cause of it.

As you can see I am quite a noob in this area, so I will appreciate any help or explanation.

(Sorry for my english and any mistakes I've made, but I am not native speaker and I am bit upset about this situation).

Merlin.SK

Note: My Steam profile is now public, as requested.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    adding notes:

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    After a review, I find insufficient evidence to uphold a banned tag.
    Appeal granted.