1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198004275118 heatpro (SR SCAMMER)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by [USA] heatpro, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [USA] heatpro

[USA] heatpro New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:22004695
    steamID: [USA] heatpro (Ron Paul 2012)
    steamID32: STEAM_0:0:22004695
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198004275118
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/heatpro1
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198004275118

Hello,
    I just wanted to clarify the situation so everyone knows exactly what is going on or what happened. I renamed two of my normal weapons (sniper rifle and huntsman) to strange and added descriptions to both of them. I use them all the time when i play in pubs/matches and the majority of people get my joke. I thought it would be funnier to see people's responses if i actually posted a trade where i was pretending to sell them. However, the response were quite shocking but read it for yourself and decide. I honestly thought more traders would get my joke, simply because anyone who is on a trading website most likely knows what a "name tag" and a "description tag" is. Anyway here is some more info concerning my situation

1. I never added anyone that replied to my trade by saying "ill buy it" or "add me ill take them". The only exception is the guy that added me.

2. I never traded with anyone attempting to get hold of their items.

3. Why i did not add anyone? This is what would happen if i actually added someone who replied to my trade wanting to buy the items. He would invite me to the trade, put in his buds or whatever (wait for me to put in my "strange" huntsman/sniper rifle) and wait for me to click "ready to trade". Then he would also select ready to trade, but right before accepting he would rage and probably say something along these lines (Nice try scammer, reporting to valve now), then exit out of the trade and remove me from friends. By now he is fully satisfied and feels good about himself because he caught a scammer.
    -thanks

**** I have already talked to Sneeza and apologized for what happened. As of now i am unbanned from tf2outpost.

- thank you for reading
  2. Sneeza™

Sneeza™ TF2 Outpost creator

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:12277347
    I just wanted to add my input on this, seeing as I'm the admin that unbanned him from TF2OP. After reading the offending trade, I thought it was quite obvious that he was "trolling" or at least not going to go through with the trade. He accepted a lot of people's "spam" comments, which demonstrates that. You can see the trade here: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/1243069
  3. Starburst

Starburst New User

alrighty, ill pick this one up then.
    keep an eye out for my invite.
  4. [USA] heatpro

[USA] heatpro New User

Steam:
    sounds good Starburst
  5. [USA] heatpro

[USA] heatpro New User

Steam:
    Essay​
    Prompt: How tf2 trading may be taken seriously by some people
    With the addition of trading to tf2 the game itself changed dramatically. New communities, servers and websites formed as trading began to spread more rapidly. Whether it was for the better or worse is debatable, but it definitely changed the game. It opened the doors for traders seeking profit and others who just wanted to get the items and continued to play the game. It is natural for people to seek profit, money and valuable possessions at the expense of others. American foreign policy in the past itself is just one example of this (not related to tf2). However back on topic, this also opened the doors for scammers, trying to scam others out of their possessions. Preventing them is inevitable in a market such as the tf2 trading one, but stopping them is possible with the help of sites like SteamRep. With trade growing exponentially every day, the numbers of new scammers is going to grow, and like I said it is nearly impossible to prevent from happening. Stopping them is! But, this is now what I mainly wanted to talk about so I will transition to it.
    As I have described in my situation what I was doing is commonly referred to as trolling. I did it for several reasons but the here is the main one. Back in 2010 when trading was not so popular I came across a guy trying to sell his renamed “Unusuel Dapper Topper”. It also had a description which states “special effect: Sun Beam”. Personally I think it was the greatest scam fail attempt I have ever seen up to date but this is just me. This guy to this date remains a legend to me no matter what anyone else thinks, and is the main reason why I did it. But some people just take trading too seriously and that is ok. I am not saying they should not do, it is up to them what they want to do and I am in no position to tell them otherwise.
    Whether some people consider what I did as scamming or not is up to them, as I can’t change their opinions. It’s hard for me to relate to someone who would think I actually tried to scam people, but I admit it probably looked like I was trying to do so. These people I assume want to have a clean community of traders, but realistically this will never happen. There will always be traders with high amounts of rep using it to their advantage, sharks, scammers etc. Either way, I hope those people will finally realize what I did even though now they may be even madder at me. Finally I apologize to all the traders affected by this situation, and hope you have a wonderful tf2 trading career. I am not asking anyone to feel sorry for me or by doing this, I just wanted to clear my name from the “scammer” list. It is up to the SteamRep admins to decide what is best and I respect your decision, whatever it may be.
    - heatpro (Ron Paul 2011)
  6. Starburst

Starburst New User

Updated and removed tags,
    No other issues found besides the initial report and a similar report on one of his alts for the same thing form reddit. user is now aware that people dealing with trading take it kinda seriously and wont "troll" like this again as it may result in a perm caution or even scam tag if it happens again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.